Dead coral skeleton from ocean

nfsplayer

Hello everyone
I went to beach today and found couple of interesting things. First is a dead skeleton of coral. I was wondering if i could use it in my tank?
Other thing was bunch of flat ocean rocks. I want to make something out of them in my tank, like little decoration.
And i read somewhere that sometimes coral skeleton might have some parts of coral left it and it might grow again?

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nfsplayer http:///t/387660/dead-coral-skeleton-from-ocean#post_3412680
Hello everyone
I went to beach today and found couple of interesting things. First is a dead skeleton of coral. I was wondering if i could use it in my tank?
Other thing was bunch of flat ocean rocks. I want to make something out of them in my tank, like little decoration.
And i read somewhere that sometimes coral skeleton might have some parts of coral left it and it might grow again?
Leather corals will grow again if even a tiny bit is left alive on it...but if you found it on a beach..I don't think so. Whatever you find in the wild like that, I would boil it to make sure it was good and dead of any parasites or bad critters....it will seed again from your tank and be like live rock.