Do tangs eat caulerpa ?

nimo1969

If so is it good for them or not just getting ideas on different types of food or treats
they love green stuff I hear

pandafish

Haven't tried caulerpa (don't want it in my fuge)
But I do have Chaetomorpha Linum and Gracilaria foliife in my fuge for my Yellow Tang. He loves it especially the Cheto. He chomps the "G'" like spaghetti cool to watch. I also feed him Sushi Nori (dried not roasted) Tangs are veggie eaters. Although mine is a pig and will eat anything. I try to keep his diet 75% veggie.
You can get all of the above on the big auction site search "refugium"
From what I read fresh garden veggies romaine and such are a bad thing for tangs...too high fresh water content screws with their digestive tract IMO.

seannmelly

In my experience, tangs LOVE caulerpa. It's one of the best things for them since it's their natural diet. Around here, caulerpa is expensive, but next week I'm going to give them a treat and buy them some caulerpa. Our yellows are pigs also and will now eat anything. All our fish get mysis shrimp, omega 3 brine shrimp, marine cuisine, emerald entree, squid, and algae sheets. And yes, the yellows deff eat squid!

agent707

My tank was over-run with green hair algea. I got a yellow tang this weekend... and he ate ALL of it in 1 day.

Plus, anything else I drop in the tank. It is my opionion that they are pigs.. and will eat anything... and lots of it.