EcoTech Radion LED Lights....Or AI Or ??? I can't make up my mind.

gemmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by acrylic51 http:///t/389020/ecotech-radion-led-lights-or-ai-or-i-cant-make-up-my-mind/20#post_3454734
Honestly I think you could do 2.
It depends on who you ask (or which company is greedier). One site told me I need to order 3 and the other said 2. Now, I also was not asking how many models to order but what pieces for the tank mount. I'm just going to order 2 and see how it goes. If I notice any issues, I can always order a third and use my halides until I get the third.
I have to be honest I am not impressed by acan light fixtures. I don't know what it is, but for the amount of money there are better fixtures out there.

drew2005

Hmmm...interesting. Cheaper than acan. More color spectrum. I think the optics are wider too. Seems like its built well. Ill have to see some videos of them running before i make a decision. Glad i saw this thread. Now i wont sleep tonight. Thanks lol jk

acrylic51

Agree!!!!! Depending on the height the units are mounted plays a bit with coverage......As far as Acan.....I agree....For the cash I'd buy Radion for what their asking.

2quills

I put my two little algae scrubber lights over my 50g the other night. The fixtures are only 6"x7" and iwith 18 leds a piece and i got perfect coverage across the whole tank just a few inches above the surface. Im not sure what optics the maxpects are using but id definately start at two panels and go from there. Will be real interested to see what you think of the color they produce.

gemmy

I took the plunge and ordered my lights. Now, onto ordering a new skimmer and heater (now that I need one).

drew2005

What made you not get the ecotechs? Just curious cuz im shopping around too.
I took the plunge and ordered my lights. Now, onto ordering a new skimmer and heater (now that I need one).

2quills

Another nice thing about those units is the leds are mounted individually. So if you do have one that goes bad you only have to replace just that one and not an entire board. That should translate to cheaper and easier maintenace in the long run.

drew2005

It was a few things. I really liked the mounting kit that comes with maxspect. Radions don't have the tank mount option that I need. The price was good as well as the color options. 
So the maxspect comes with everything right out of the box right? Mounts, controller etc.
Another nice thing about those units is the leds are mounted individually. So if you do have one that goes bad you only have to replace just that one and not an entire board. That should translate to cheaper and easier maintenace in the long run.
That is another good thing. I didnt even think about that. And for $1000 for 2 modules how could u go wrong.
My only thing is my 75 is rimless and to mount lights right on the tank will kinda take away from the clean look. But they do have a hanging option.

acrylic51

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew2005 http:///t/389020/ecotech-radion-led-lights-or-ai-or-i-cant-make-up-my-mind/40#post_3455129
So the maxspect comes with everything right out of the box right? Mounts, controller etc.
That is another good thing. I didnt even think about that. And for $1000 for 2 modules how could u go wrong.
My only thing is my 75 is rimless and to mount lights right on the tank will kinda take away from the clean look. But they do have a hanging option.
You can adapt anything to hang......

gemmy

Is it Tuesday yet??
I can't wait to get the lights on my tank!!!!! I really need to order a heater and a skimmer now.

drew2005

I cant wait to set up my 75. I picked it up today and im dying to get it going. Sump wont be here for another week. Ordering skimmer next week.