fish with legs

otto13

Can anyone indentify this fish? It has six legs and walks around like a spider. It spreads its fins/wings when scared and glides to a new location. It has spikes on its head and a mouth like a duck. Otherwise, a nice fish.
otto

ryebread

Hmmm....I am not sure. I was thinking some type of mudskipper but, I can't say what that thing is. It looks like a cross between and duck-billed platypuss and a mudskipper. I deam the creature...........Platyskip.

reef fool

Looks like some sort of Dragonette.The legs have me baffled though. If there was a better pic maybe we can pinpoint it.

otto13

I was castnetting for gorgonians, puffers and starfish near tybee island and ended up with this weirdo. I have a tank just for local caught stuff and he fit the bill.

otto13

you asked for it. you got it. you can really see his legs in this one. he walks around more than swims.

reef fool

We catch a similar fish up here in the cold Atlantic waters called sea Robins. Nickname-747's. It looks alot like them. I don't know if they are down there though. I've caught them as far north as Maine.

fireeater

Isn't that also called a Dogfish?
We have them here also and if so be careful of it. They are poisonous and sting you from the barbs on his head and back.
Sure looks like one to me, ugly creatures that get rather large. I've seen them up to 2 feet, caught in a shrimp net.