High Range PH Color chart PLEASE?!

Would someone be kind enough to post/scan their high range color ph chart? When I bought my LR a week ago all the tests were behind the counter. I asked the gentlemen for the number of tests and he got them from the wall.
Accidentally I was given the Freshwater PH Test. The color range only goes to 7.8. Right now I am at a royal blue color so I am wondering if 1. Are these tests the same and I just need a hihg range ph chart or 2. do i need to buy a saltwater ph test kit because somehow the chemical will produce a different color?
Anyways thanks for reading!

rlablan

There is absolutely no difference between the tests except the color cards that are provided. Just throw out the regular range PH card and keep the high range. When I converted to fresh water, I bought a saltwater tester for 8 bucks more and I still had the freshwater tester. I did a side by side with them, they are EXACTLY the same.

rlablan can you post/scan your high range card? One didn't come with my freshwater test kit. :O)
Glad I asked instead of just assuming I needed to "go drop another 8 bucks" thanks rlablan, savin me money already haha

rlablan

Here is a picture of my high range card. I would however not use this for testing, for accuracy purposes. The colors on your screen could differ in reality, or if you were to print it, maybe it'll be darker or lighter. Just my opinion though.

Ah man, I hate to keep buggin you but the picture didn't show up
Please if you get an extra minute if you could try again I would really appreciate it!!!

flower

Originally Posted by rlablan
http:///forum/post/3094759
Here is a picture of my high range card. I would however not use this for testing, for accuracy purposes. The colors on your screen could differ in reality, or if you were to print it, maybe it'll be darker or lighter. Just my opinion though.
+1 Go back to th store and tell them about the problem. Maybe they have an old chart you can have

I would do that but unfortunately the store is extremely far away. The only reason I shopped there originally was becasue they seemed to have the best LR I could find. I don't plan on going back ever again. Thanks for your help/ideas though.

rlablan

I absolutely need to buy a SW test kit. Wow, my colors on my freshwater chart are nothing like that. Nothing like that hahaha. Wow. Thanks for posting. must be different chemicals in this brand I have! Thanks for your time!!!!!

rlablan

Yeah sorry about that. My computer kind of ate itself. Actually, the site ate itself, but whatever.... Damn internet. There it is for you though.

rlablan

Yeah well, the is a high range. That is different. I have an API test. A "freshwater" and a "salt water" one. Like I said, I bought them and did a side by side, once with Tap, once with my tank water, they were exactly the same. The only difference is the salt water came with an extra card. The ""high range" Ph card. That is the one I posted... I dunno what to tell you. They were the same for me.

Crap. That makes me kinda worried now as I also am using an API test kit. Was planning on buying 1/4 of my clean up crew tonight, but unfortunately if my PH is off that won't be happening. I'll leave to go to a LFS in about 2 hours, bring a water sample and have them check it there. If all is good I'll be grabbin a crab and a couple snails.

** Edit ** Oh, and of course, buying a new SW test kit if the results differ from what I have here. Might be a bad kit.
Thanks for your time and quick replies, really appreciated.

rlablan

so I asked my boyfriend and he helped me remember what it was we did with ours. The chemicals are def. the same, buuuuttt the cards.... all all different except the nitrate. That would explain why I have two of one card and one of everything else. This confirmed by the link provided above. Thanks for the link.