Hot water or cold water open pores?

mukiwa

Does hot water or cold water open your pores in your skin? and WHY?
Many people i've talked to have said hot but no good reason, and i say cold water opens your pores because your pores want to obsorb heat and the more the better.
And hot water would close pores because there is too much heat and the pores don't want to overheat so they close up.......

dogstar

Heat causes the pores to open...this is how one sweats...cold cuases them to close. If cold enough, they close so tight causeing goose pimples....

sepulatian

Originally Posted by Dogstar
Heat causes the pores to open...this is how one sweats...cold cuases them to close. If cold enough, they close so tight causeing goose pimples....
lol yup!!!!!

mimzy

warm water is better than HOT water...as hot water can, obviously, scald, and less obviously, cause redness and irriation and utimately DRYNESS - which is never a good thing. Steam is better than direct contact with hot water, but if u dont have time to steam, warm water is best.

mukiwa

I'm not really concerned with my skin conditions but the reason and answers what water tempature opens and closes pores.

sepulatian

Originally Posted by Mukiwa
I'm not really concerned with my skin conditions but the reason and answers what water tempature opens and closes pores.
LOL We all just told you!!!! I am now curious as to why you want to know???

maeistero

call any local hvac or insulation person and they'll tell you cold. if you've ever worked with fiberglass insulation you'll want to take a cold shower to open your pores and get the fibers out.

mukiwa

Originally Posted by sepulatian
LOL We all just told you!!!! I am now curious as to why you want to know???

I duno, someone who brought it up said to use hot water and i said that i thought cold water, so we talked about it and she never told me a good reason why so i posted here......
But is my reason correct or not?

reefkprz

Originally Posted by maeistero
call any local hvac or insulation person and they'll tell you cold. if you've ever worked with fiberglass insulation you'll want to take a cold shower to open your pores and get the fibers out.

wrong. you take a cold shower so you can wash the insulation off you with out opening your pores to let the glass slivers in. I'm a carpenter by the way.
here this is off a mens health site
Q: How can I get a better shave without nicks and cuts?
It is essential that you have the right tools. Invest in a good razor and Metro’s Clean Shave. Shave during or after a warm shower. ---->The warm water will help to open your pores,<

[hr]
allowing a better shave. Metro’s Clean Shave will grip the hair, allowing the razor to better capture and remove it with an easy, slick glide. It is clear, so it is easy to see where you are shaving. If a shower is not on your schedule, try cleansing your skin first with Daily Essential Cleanser and warm water. Not only will you remove dirt and oils, it also softens up skin. If time permits, try holding a warm towel over your face for about 3-5 minutes to soften your skin and open your pores more before shaving.
this is off a womens beauty site
(c) Cold Treatment:- The last step that follows cleansing is application of ice-cold water or masks to draw out the impurities and close the open pores.
I cant believe I just answered that question............ :scared:

mukiwa

You may have answered it but WHY? There seem to be two different answers here but i want to know why? What proves that? Did you told a microscope to your face after a hot shower and see if your pores are open or closed?
Why?

mukiwa

Originally Posted by Dogstar

But doesn't sweat come out of sweat glands? not neccasarily opens your pores?

grips

A pore is actually an opening for a sweat gland (It's where the sweat comes out). The sweat gland is below the skin, the pore is at the surface.
Our bodies require a specific core temperature of around 98.6 degree F. This means we need to be efficient at both heating and cooling ourselves.
One of the ways we cool ourselves is by sweating. The pores open, sweat is released, and it evaporates on the suface of our skin.
When we need to heat up, our skin is restricted and the pores close holding in as much heat as possible.
So in answer to your question:
Warm water opens pores and cold water closes them.

maeistero

good replies!
i'm only reporting my experience based on co-workers.
also women, hot water showers open their hair pores to shave better. as far as pimply people, cold water will open those pores more.
i would venture my opinion on skin condition, seks, and possibly race (skin colors differ in reactions of course)
i know me and my wife are opposites. there's probably a couple books out there also. ***)
i know a hot lather doesn't work for curly beards, but the appliance seems to sell well.
it's differed for everyone