How to get rid of nuisance anemone

nina&noah

Is there a possibility that the aptasias can get too big and the butterfly isn't interested in them? My butterfly won't touch them.

jodicakes

I've been reading the posts, but I'm confused. Do you have to suck them out after treatment with the calcium? Joe's Juice says you don't.

jodicakes

Our aiptasias showed up when our long tentacle started moving around our tank. Then they popped up everywhere it went. We flushed it, and haven't had any new ones show up. Could our long tentacle have cause the outbreak?

t316

Originally Posted by jodicakes
http:///forum/post/2873570
I've been reading the posts, but I'm confused. Do you have to suck them out after treatment with the calcium? Joe's Juice says you don't.
Naaaa, just squirt 'em and they will disappear. Clean-up crew will take care of it.

reefboy1994

the safest easies cheapest way i have ever tried to get rid of them is squirting boiling water at them with a turkey baster. it works perfect!

natclanwy

No you don't need to suck them out, and Kalkwasser paste is safe as long as you don't use a huge amount at once. Although I have used an entire bottle of Joe's Juice at one time with no ill effects but I don't recommend it, that was my last ditch effort to clear the several thousand aiptasia I had in my system. I used one bottle every weekend for four weeks and finally got ahead of the aiptasia now I just have to treat every month or so with 5ml or so to get the ones that come from the ones I can't reach as they start to spread

robin20

Do you just do that in the tank or what, i also read about calcuim what do you think of that.thanks robin20

rickyh24

Just got 3 peppermints for my 65. A rock of Zoas looks to be affected by 3 aptasias. Hopefully they do the trick. Not too crazy about putting a Copperband in the tank since it seems they are not reef safe.