How to move an anemone?

cocoacf

How can I make my anemone move out from its rock? This things foot is deep inside the rock... I heard that putting it in heavy flow will cause it to release its foot, so I tried pissing it off with a power head for 30 minutes and the thing just closed up... I don't know how to get him out.. I don't want to break the rock. %%

sandman181

Just let him hang out, I have an anemone that split and they are on the same rock well they were both on top now they both went under the rock. Who knows they will wander to some place better.

nuro

why do you want to move him? do you want him out?
if you just want it in a different spot in the tank, good luck with that, theyll move to where theyre happiest no matter what you do.
if you just want it out, ive had success with power heads but youll need to do it for more then a day, and if its a type that buries its foot it might just retract.

V

vinnyraptor

i would re-work the aquascape alittle because there is no guarentee that the nem will plant itself where you want it anyways. i know this is a pain in the arse but you shoulda thought of that beforehand, lol.