Humu Humu Trigger ? is this normal

rolling_g

ok guys I think my hum hum trigger has something wrong ...he's got a white haze to him and 2 white spots on his back fin ....what should I do ?

O

oreo12

I have used a product called kick ich I have used it 2 times with sucsse each time no fish lose and bye bye ich. it is reef safe as well. But if you have a qt tank then you could do hypo. I don't have room for a qt tank so I went with kick ich.

B

barkdog

So it WAS ich after all.
I had a nasty ich outbreak several months ago. I used Kick Ich because the LFS said it was good stuff and wouldnt make the tank inhospitibal to inverts in the future. The ich kept getting worse. Bob Fenner’s site told me that Kick Ick was worthless. Ultimately I went with copper. I lowered my salinity and upped the temperature. The fish were acting normal again within a few days. It did take a few weeks to completely rid the tank of the ich though. Get a copper test kit an maintain a therapeutic level of copper for at least 21 days.

mile_high

I would suggest that you never use copper in your main tank . You never know when your going to want to add inverts . Copper is always going to be in your tank from that point on.
Go with the chem marines you won't be sorry.

unleashed

Originally Posted by rolling_g
I would like to know if this is normal This is my first trigger .....He is making my tank cloudy every day by rubbing his side up on the LR and sand . He also eats the sand and spits it out all the time . What can I do ? He is so cool of a fish but I hate seeing my tank cloudy like this . I'm put a new carbon prefilter in the wet dry but not really helping .
this is why I use cc in my aggressive tanks hes accually eating critters in the live sand and knocking things off your LR to eat them.

triggered

We had one outbreak of ick. We treated with a product called No-Ich. It worked well. Your trigger will perform this behavior even after you get rid of the ick. It is an aggressive move. So don't think, just because you cure your tank, that he will stop hitting the rocks, okay. It is normal.
We also have crushed coral substrate, and a little sand as well. The Picasso eats off the live rock more than the other 2. The Pinktail is the heavy mover, loves to move HUGE pieces of live rock. The Undy, loves to hit the rocks, like your Picasso, and look for goodies in the substrate.
You will enjoy your trigger and he is a cutie!!!
.....................Peace

rolling_g

my trigger looks like he has a white tint to him but as the day goes on it goes away is this normal . Like my tang has white spots as the light comes on in the tank the spots go away . Do triggers change color at all ? Boy he loves to move around in the tank all night long ....

triggered

Oh boy do they change colors. But there shouldn't be any white spots on him. Usually our Picasso is the first one in his hole. The other two wonder about at night.

O

oreo12

Originally Posted by barkdog
So it WAS ich after all.
I had a nasty ich outbreak several months ago. I used Kick Ich because the LFS said it was good stuff and wouldnt make the tank inhospitibal to inverts in the future. The ich kept getting worse. Bob Fenner’s site told me that Kick Ick was worthless. Ultimately I went with copper. I lowered my salinity and upped the temperature. The fish were acting normal again within a few days. It did take a few weeks to completely rid the tank of the ich though. Get a copper test kit an maintain a therapeutic level of copper for at least 21 days.
I was just woundering did you give up on the kick ich befor the 2 week schedual of treatments. My fish showed signs of ich all the way to and including the last day of treatment then it went away and never came back. On about the start of week 2 it did look worse than the first week looked. But I kept up the treatments and it worked I have had ich 2 times both after adding new fish I used kick ich 2 times with sucsees and keep a bottle on hand in case I buy a new fish and get ich again. All the people I have heard that tried it and it did not work for them gave up on it after only 1 week So I was woundering if that is the case here. Come on be honest.

B

barkdog

Originally Posted by oreo12
I was just woundering did you give up on the kick ich befor the 2 week schedual of treatments. My fish showed signs of ich all the way to and including the last day of treatment then it went away and never came back. On about the start of week 2 it did look worse than the first week looked. But I kept up the treatments and it worked I have had ich 2 times both after adding new fish I used kick ich 2 times with sucsees and keep a bottle on hand in case I buy a new fish and get ich again. All the people I have heard that tried it and it did not work for them gave up on it after only 1 week So I was woundering if that is the case here. Come on be honest.
I used it for a full treatment cycle, and things kept getting worse. I emailed the guys at wet web media and they said that the stuff was just a waste of money in their Simpson's Comic Book guy sort of way. I can't say authoritatively if the stuff is any good or not, but in my case, it didn't work. My ich infestation did begin when I was out of town, so it could have also been that the progression was already too developed for the "kick ick" to make a difference. Maybe it does better for mild infections or early treatment.
I solicited treatment options from a few sources and most "experts" gave the following recommendations:
Perform freshwater dips on the fish
Put fish in a tank with no decorations or anything to scratch themselves on
Treat with copper for at least 3 weeks (Cupramine was the favorite)
Raise the temperature most people said 82 degrees, but one said 86
lower salinity to .012
People were split on garlic treatments. Some said use it, others said it does nothing.
I followed this, and it worked. I'm sure there are other valid treatments too.

O

oreo12

The first Time I had it in my tank I had tried the garlic did do anything the ich was real bad my coby look like it was just waiting to die then after the 2 weeks in treatments it was gone. Glad to here that you found somthing that worked for you