We've moved to new platform. Passwords set before 24th July, 2014 will not work. Please reset your password, follow this link if help needed.
  1. Submit a picture of your tank for a chance to win a gift certificate for your next Saltwaterfish.com purchase!! More contestants = More prizes!
  2. Hello! We noticed you are not a member of the Saltwaterfish Forum Family yet. Sign up now, and you will receive instant savings and freebies on your Saltwaterfish.com purchases. To the right is the link to 'Sign Up Now!'. We hope to meet you soon!

Leaking BioCube?

Discussion in 'Nano Tanks' started by fenrir, Mar 6, 2008.

1. fenrir

fenrir New Member

I have noticed this past week that every couple of days I get a long string of dried salt on the outside front of my biocube down the side. Is anyone else having this problem with there cubes? I have had it for over a year now and I am thingking about taking some silicone and putting it around my tanks top.
  2. cowfishrule

cowfishrule New Member

salt creep maybe?
  3. sigmachris

sigmachris New Member

I have this problem too in one corner. I think the plastic trim on top of the glass is loose at that point and if my water level in the DT gets high it can start running down the side. Some silicone will do the trick. Just make sure it is reef safe. I can't tell you which one is but GE make a Type 1 and Type 2 silocone. One is safe and one is not, sorry I can't tell you more but all I can do is warn you.
  4. fenrir

fenrir New Member

Ooo glad I read your post sigma, I piked up the wrong one that is dangerous. Thanks for the warning
  5. huskerreefer

huskerreefer New Member

Mine does the same thing if the water level gets too close to the black plastic around the top of the tank.