Mixing Gobies?

fretfreak13

Hiya, I'm new to the hobby. I have a 29 gal with CC sub, about 15-20 lbs of LR (more comming though, no worries), a clip-on heater, a HOB carbon filter mainly using it for current, and a small PICO pump being used for flow as well. Right now, beides a few hitch hiking snails, bristleworms and some cute little pods, my tank is empty. It's almost at the end of it's cycle, and my first fish that will be added are two clowns. I'd just like having something to watch while I read up on other species, meaning my favorite, gobies.
I want the whole tank to center around a Blue Mandarin, which I wont be adding until many months after I have my fuge set up, but anything that will bother it I don't want in my tank. I was just wondering if you can house different species of Gobies and Blennys together. I will be upgrading to a bigger tank eventually, probably a 100 gal, so I'd just like to know if some of these guys will be ok together. When I get money to build it, I will be adding another tank beneath mine that will be divided into a DIY skimmer, fuge, and sump.
I know I've posted a few lists of stock on this site already, and I might be getting a tad annoying. Sorry for that, I"m just trying to get as much information as I can from different people.
What I Like Are:
-Blue Mandarin
-Warpaint Clown Goby
-Firefish Goby
-Randall's Goby
-Yellow Nose Prawn Goby/Red Banded High-fin
-Midas Blenny
-Yellow Head Jawfish
Please don't flame me if it's a terrible idea to put any of these together, or in the nano for that matter. I'm comming here for opinions first before I really did any research. All must be reef safe, as well.
**Also, since a few of these are shrimp gobies and I will have at least one pistol shrimp, is it safe to put more than one pistol in a tank together?

flower

Welcome. I am no expert, but I did have a diamond goby sandsifter kill a mandarin, I added to the tank..so I know I can't have those 2 together. So I share my experiance thus far.

bla403

I have a 55 gal tank with a lawnmower blenny & diamond goby in it. They seem to get along ok but if the goby goes too close to the blennys side of the tank the blenny will chase him back into his home. He was upset the first few days the goby was in the tank but has gotten over it. I just keep the algae clip on the opposite side of the tank so the blenny stays to that side.

flower

Originally Posted by Bla403
http:///forum/post/3108039
I have a 55 gal tank with a lawnmower blenny & diamond goby in it. They seem to get along ok but if the goby goes too close to the blennys side of the tank the blenny will chase him back into his home. He was upset the first few days the goby was in the tank but has gotten over it. I just keep the algae clip on the opposite side of the tank so the blenny stays to that side.
+1..I too have a blenny and a goby in my 90g right now, but not a mandarin dragonet.

flower

Originally Posted by Fretfreak13
http:///forum/post/3107971
Hiya, I'm new to the hobby. I have a 29 gal with CC sub, about 15-20 lbs of LR (more comming though, no worries), a clip-on heater, a HOB carbon filter mainly using it for current, and a small PICO pump being used for flow as well. Right now, beides a few hitch hiking snails, bristleworms and some cute little pods, my tank is empty. It's almost at the end of it's cycle, and my first fish that will be added are two clowns. I'd just like having something to watch while I read up on other species, meaning my favorite, gobies.
I want the whole tank to center around a Blue Mandarin, which I wont be adding until many months after I have my fuge set up, but anything that will bother it I don't want in my tank. I was just wondering if you can house different species of Gobies and Blennys together. I will be upgrading to a bigger tank eventually, probably a 100 gal, so I'd just like to know if some of these guys will be ok together. When I get money to build it, I will be adding another tank beneath mine that will be divided into a DIY skimmer, fuge, and sump.
I know I've posted a few lists of stock on this site already, and I might be getting a tad annoying. Sorry for that, I"m just trying to get as much information as I can from different people.
What I Like Are:
-Blue Mandarin
-Warpaint Clown Goby
-Firefish Goby
-Randall's Goby
-Yellow Nose Prawn Goby/Red Banded High-fin
-Midas Blenny
-Yellow Head Jawfish
Please don't flame me if it's a terrible idea to put any of these together, or in the nano for that matter. I'm comming here for opinions first before I really did any research. All must be reef safe, as well.
**Also, since a few of these are shrimp gobies and I will have at least one pistol shrimp, is it safe to put more than one pistol in a tank together?

OP wants to know if the mandarin dragonet is safe with gobies and blennies. We know different blennies and gobies get along.

hlcroghan

I have a green mandarin, lawnmower blenny, green clown goby and two false percs in a 29 rectangle and they all get along fine. In fact, the LB really likes the mandarin and will sometimes come over and like sit on top of him. Really weird
. The LB will chase the clown goby back over to his side if he comes out though, so keep that in mind. I would greatly suggest adding any blenny, especially larger algae-eating ones, last. They can be quite territorial, especially if they have a "house" that they think is theirs. Clown gobies tend to be much more easy going about territory, except with each other. Add your clown gobies all together and you should be fine, although they still might chase each other a bit.

flower

Originally Posted by hlcroghan
http:///forum/post/3108064
I have a green mandarin, lawnmower blenny, green clown goby and two false percs in a 29 rectangle and they all get along fine. In fact, the LB really likes the mandarin and will sometimes come over and like sit on top of him. Really weird
. The LB will chase the clown goby back over to his side if he comes out though, so keep that in mind. I would greatly suggest adding any blenny, especially larger algae-eating ones, last. They can be quite territorial, especially if they have a "house" that they think is theirs. Clown gobies tend to be much more easy going about territory, except with each other. Add your clown gobies all together and you should be fine, although they still might chase each other a bit.

Is that your mandarin in your avatar? If so can you post a larger picture? I have bad eyes.