My Carpet Anemone is not eating.. PLEASE HELP!

moneybags

I just purchased a large Green Carpet anemone (1 week ago now), but it is not eating. I have tried feeding it freeze dried shrimp, cyclo-peez, and frozen squid, but nothing enters its mouth. I have another long tentacle anemone that eats great, and loves to be handfed. So I am not sure if it is just trying to get used to the tank and is a little stressed or what. Another thing, he is about 12" total diameter since he opened up the day after I put him in my tank. At the fish store where I bought him he was only about 6-7". So he looks really healthy. Please help!
One more thing, I have two cleaner shrimp that I've had for about 8 months, my Harlequin will eat live guppies and goldfish but won't eat those damn shrimp. They keep picking at the Green Anemone, even after I moved the anemone, the shrimp followed it. It was weird. Will he eat them eventually?
ahhhhh... just looked at my tank and the anemone is looking unhealthy. He looked like that yesterday, but today he looked great. Why is he going through this? Is it the shrimps that keep climbing on him? WHAT DO I DO??? I DON'T WANT MY ANEMONE TO DIE! HE IS AWESOME!

moneybags

Oh yeah... I tried to starve my fish for 2 days to see if the harlequin will eat my shrimp.... didn't happen.

dawman

Well how long has your tank been established . Also what type of light do you have ?

moneybags

I have power com pacts. Tank has been established for about 8 months. He looks good today, but not sure how or what to feed him. Should I push some squid into his center?

dawman

Originally Posted by MoneyBags
I have power com pacts. Tank has been established for about 8 months. He looks good today, but not sure how or what to feed him. Should I push some squid into his center?

No , put food on it`s tentacles and should draw the food to it`s mouth . What watt pc do you have ? Also what size tank ? Some Carpets can somewhat survive under pc but really need mh to live healthy . I feed my anemones raw table shrimp cut up into thirds or fourths and feed one piece .