No Ich?

Discussion in 'Fish Disease & Treatment' started by luvmyreef, Sep 20, 2009.

  1. luvmyreef

    luvmyreef Active Member

    Okay, It seems that people are always having problems with ich. I did a little looking around and found a product that says it is safe in reef tanks, etc. etc. Here is the info:Product- NO ICH by fishvet
    * Copper and Malachite Green free
    water treatment for stopping ich
    * Use in fish-only or reef aquariums experiencing ich infestation
    * NO-ICH disrupts the life cycle of the marine parasite Cryptocaryon irritans
    Effectively treat marine ich in aquariums housing corals and anemones. NO-ICH Marine is a copper and Malachite Green free water treatment that biodegrades in 4 to 5 days. It leaves no harmful residue and does not harm fish, invertebrates, or nitrifying bacteria. Use NO-ICH to safely eradicate the marine parasite known as "white spot" or ich Cryptocaryon irritans in fish-only or reef aquariums. NO-ICH also successfully treats the freshwater parasite, Ichthyophthirius multifiliis, with no harm to fish (including scaleless species), plants, or invertebrates. 16 oz treats 200 gallons.
    Active Ingredients: 5-Nitroimidazole
    General Information
    NO-ICH is the original, and still the best selling copper-free reef safe water treatment for Cryptocaryon irritans (marine "white spot").
    NO-ICH solves a major problem for marine fish hobbyists, by enabling them to eradicate safely the marine parasite known as "white spot", or Cryptocaryon irritans, in Fish-Only and / or Reef aquariums with equal results. NO-ICH also successfully treats the freshwater parasite Ichthyophthirius multifiliis with no harm to fish (including scaleless species), plants, or invertebrates.
    Until now copper or dye-based treatments have been the only known remedies, but all of these suffer from major disadvantages from a hobbyist's point of view.
    Primarily, the ones that work can be used in a Fish-Only situation. This means that the reef tank owners have to catch all their fish and treat them in a separate aquarium. This approach is often unacceptable.
    Secondly, the so-called "safe coppers", as most experienced hobbyists will confirm, do not work, and if effective copper treatments are used, one must be exceedingly careful in the dosage. Too much can fatally damage the sensitive gill membranes of the fish, while too little will enable the parasite to thrive & continue its ravaging damage.
    NO-ICHâ„¢ by Fish Vet has solved these problems with a treatment that:
    Treats the water and eliminates parasites such as the "white spot" protozoan, as well as parasitic copepods, while not affecting any of your beautiful corals, anemones, plants, or other invertebrates.
    Biodegrades after some 4-5 days, leaving no harmful residue.
    Does not harm fish, invertebrates, or nitrifying bacteria
    No test kit is necessary during treatment.
    SO HAS ANYONE HEARD OF THIS OR TRIED IT? I have to admit, it doesnt sound bad at all.. I was just wondering???
  2. al mc

    al mc New Member

    Same product as Ruby Reef's 'Kick Ick' product. Search the boards for this product. The literature you quote and the active ingredient (basically metronidazole) are identical.
    My opinion: May help save some fish with an acute outbreak but won't eliminate it from the tank

Share This Page