pics DIY PVC OVERFLOW!

illapino83

Is having a shorter tube for the inlet(tube inside the aquarium going down and up) better than having it longer or same lenght with the outer part of the overflow?

iyachtuxivm

Originally Posted by illapino83
http:///forum/post/2874402
Is having a shorter tube for the inlet(tube inside the aquarium going down and up) better than having it longer or same lenght with the outer part of the overflow?
Outer part needs to be longer then inner.

davanti20

Why is that....i have seen other threads with plans that have inside and outside the tank the same length....thanks

cglover226

i made one and it works good except for the gurgling sound (which gets pretty loud and annoying) is there anyway to quiet it down? if i add more water it is super quiet then after a few hours it gets loud again

todj2002

ok, i know this is pretty red but it works perfectly and its cheap. had to resize so im not sure if u will be able to read caption. pretty simple though. keeps water level constant and syphon never breaks.

todj2002

well u definately cant read the caption, but its simple. 2 inch pvc in tank, with 1 inch tube inside of it that goes over back of tank into jug. make sure it goes well beyond the drain tube inside of jug or syphon will break. run an air line up the overflow tube and hook it to a power head to start the syphon then just pull the air hose out after syphon is started. pretty easy and u can use whatever container u want instead of milk jug. i used it cause it was there, and easy to cut.

bmkj02

I love this overflow. I made mine for my Aquapod 24 going to a 20g sump. Works great. Better than that other hangon overflows. Mine has been running for almost 2 years now. The only time I lost syphon was when I was short on water and my sump pump started pulling up air into my DP and that put air into it

bobiegoh

yo, i made one of this pipe based on the design in this thread. The siphon lost when power cut-off. The only thing i did not do is the inner airline. Please help me to how to overcome the siphon lost problem . Thanks.

yearofthenick

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I was curious about the paint. Veni, did you end up using the black appliance epoxy? How is that working for you?

mie

I built two of these and used them on my tank and my friends tank. They work awsome, super quiet, super cheap, and never broke siphon.

sethc333

What do you use to strain the intake because I have shrimp and I don't want them getting sucked down the overflow. This is on a FW setup? Thanks