Protein skimmer micro bubbles

My protein skimmer is releasing too many micro bubbles in my tank, it's been up for 2 weeks now and it's really annoying to see all those bubbles in my tank. Anyone got any ideas on how to get rid of those damn bubbles

bang guy

That's a tough one with a hang-on skimmer. Is it working well? Would it still work if you reduced the flow through it?

2quills

I think a common fix for a lot of those back pack skimmers is to put a foam filter sponge on the output. I think some brands actually make them for their skimmers IIRC.
Got a pic of the skimmer?

bang guy

If you cover the output the skimmer will likely overflow. You would need to somehow reduce the intake. I don't know if that's possible with your skimmer though.

I think I just created a solution, lol I put a sock over the output , no worries just bought new ones lololol I used two ankle socks too , and so far it's doin great , the outflow is not restricted and the bubbles are no longer everywhere in my tank should I leave it on or is the sock a bad idea?

Sounds good well here's another question, don't feel like startin a new thread lol, what's your opinion on tank heaters, I noticed that my tank once the lights go off gets cold n my goby'a try to jump out, last night I put the heater in and I noticed they didn't try to jump out, I just want to know if it's good to keep the heater in , and if it'll have negative affects on any future coral I add?