Reef Bugs???

nissan577

BTL this is what he means:
this is from the store:

Reef or marine “snow” is an aggregate of LIVING MICROBES clinging to, one or a combination of : organic, inorganic, volcanic, mineral, living or recently dead matter.
Reef Bugs™ yields particle sizes down to less than a micron and up to macroscopic particles. The individual living organisms are microscopic.
These microbes, primarily bacterial, and fungal (yeasts and related organisms) provide 30% of the planktonic matter raining down on the reef.
True reef / marine snow is alive and has the ability to nourish the reef with desirable edible organisms which are necessary for balancing the substrate and the creatures colonizing it. Reef Bugs™ is a unique product having these characteristics.
Reef Bugs™ contains twelve strains of edible, non - pathogenic marine microbes. They are not genetically modified. Instead they are selectively bred naturally occurring organisms. They are in an encysted spore state. They are packed dry in a matrix of minerals, vitamins, and carbohydrates that will enable hatching in about thirty minutes of being placed in typical reef aquarium water.
These organisms have been cultured to eat organic matter. While doing so they can sequester phosphorus, fix nitrogen, clean the substrate and behave in a civil manner should they escape being consumed. Those gathering at the substrate or biofilter obviously have the best chance of escaping. The intention of REEF BUGS™ is that they be eaten first. However a survival of the fittest will ensue where the strongest microbes will eat the weaker, smaller ones. All the microbes won’t succeed in colonization long term unless the product is used minimally three times a week.
Most significantly, there are particles included for the microbes to piggyback on, creating a true marine reef/marine snow. Living cells will even be coating other living cells. They will also begin to divide and reproduce upon hydration.
As an important, but not complete component of reef nutrition, I do not suggest exclusive dependence on this product to nourish your reef. It is potentially healthy and nourishing to some of these creatures. About ninety - two thousand species of organisms can inhabit the typical reef aquarium (Shimek, pers. comm.). It is impossible to make blanket statement as to the extent it will nourish your reef. One size doesn’t fit all. Reef Bugs™ is the only product that can actually restore the bio - compounds and missing components that replicate reef nutritional input in a scientifically sound and intelligent manner.
Reef Bugs™ endeavors to provide a live food with its attendant enzymes and hard to define factors that only a living feed organism can possess. The nutritional value of these organisms is dependent on the water they are living in, and what they adhere to, or might eat themselves once excysted. For example a vegetable’s nutritional value cannot be ascertained from its seed. The seed will ultimately be judged after light, watering, fertilization has turned it into an edible vegetable. Depending on those variables - the vegetable can grow into little more that water and cellulose or into a nutritious foodstuff.
In the reef aquarium, previously not seen cryptic organisms are likely to appear with use of this product. Other creatures will show behaviors that indicate the taking in of the Reef Bugs™ aggregate. This is is a colorful and interesting time to observe your reef life. Feeding at night under artificial moonlights can produce results not seen before as well.

wangotango

I got some for free at a raffle, but don't plan on using it.
"Don't pay for water" (but you're paying for crap). "...recently dead matter" that comes back to life too?

40 galons

i have used it and i use it still. i dont really no what benefits it has but i do no that there are live things in there. or maybe it makes the things in my tank more active so that i see them more. i have noticed that when i do use it my tank is clearer and cleaner looking. so i would say its worth a try. i use mine after lights out. it does make the tank a little cloudy but it doesnt last long.