Seahorse vs anemone

novahobbies

Really! Well that's good news, and I'm glad you posted. I don't have MH's but one of my LFS had a couple tank raised reidis in one of the biiocubes with the metal halide conversion top, and they were definitely unimpressed....kept hiding under the rockwork. Could have been the warmer temps, or maybe because the MH was closer to the water surface, so it was brighter that way.
I still don't know if I would do it personally, but I'm glad to hear that it CAN be done! Gives much more hope to those who want to keep different horse-safe corals in their tanks.

sweetlipsa_d

Well the seahorse seems to be doing fine. The clowns dont even pay attention to him. He was even swimming with them. He eats every day and seems to be eating alot LOL. Here are the pics

rykna

Originally Posted by novahobbies
http:///forum/post/2809713
Really! Well that's good news, and I'm glad you posted. I don't have MH's but one of my LFS had a couple tank raised reidis in one of the biiocubes with the metal halide conversion top, and they were definitely unimpressed....kept hiding under the rockwork. Could have been the warmer temps, or maybe because the MH was closer to the water surface, so it was brighter that way.
I still don't know if I would do it personally, but I'm glad to hear that it CAN be done! Gives much more hope to those who want to keep different horse-safe corals in their tanks.

My orbit was hung on suspension wires aprox~ 10-12 inches above the tank. I'm certain if the orbit had been placed directly on the tank top frame, the tank frame would have warped do to heat.