Shy Yellow Tang

rykna

I just got my 1st yellow tang.....it's about 2.5 inches. It spends most of it time flitting/hiding behind the rock. I didn't think tangs were shy, although each fish is different. I only have 2 clowns, a mandrine, and a 1 inch sailfin tang. Both tangs are hiding in back. It's been a week now. What's up? :notsure:

miaheatlvr

Originally Posted by Rykna
I just got my 1st yellow tang.....it's about 2.5 inches. It spends most of it time flitting/hiding behind the rock. I didn't think tangs were shy, although each fish is different. I only have 2 clowns, a mandrine, and a 1 inch sailfin tang. Both tangs are hiding in back. It's been a week now. What's up? :notsure:
That is USUAL behaviour with Hippo tangs but not with yellows as the yellows are more bold and agressive, but like you said all fish are different and have different attitudes, my hippo is now really agressive and rarely hides but when i first got him he hid for like 10days, I am more than sure once your yellow becomes a little more familiar with its surroundings they both will come out! They are eating well i hope though!

lion_crazz

It is most likely shy because it is a new fish. Give him time. All of my fish are shy for the first few days to a week.

sepulatian

Originally Posted by Rykna
What size is your tank?

rykna

It's a 90 gallon.....planning to upgrade the summer so my snowflake eel can have the 90 gallon. Everyone is eating fine....the yellow tang was out last night for a little while.