Tangs keep dying..... WHY????

drewsta

Ok so 4 days ago my blonde naso tang died and today I wake up and my little sailfin isn't looking so good..... I feed emerald entree, algae sheets, and mysis.
Water params as follows
115G oceanic tank with 30G sump
175lbs of live rock
Ammonia 0.0
nirtite 0.0
nitrate .15ppm
calcium 400
copper 0
phosphates undetectable
water temp stays around 80-83
All my corals are doing fine and my other fish 2 wrasse 3 green chromies 1 yw goby and a cleaner shrimp are all fine. Basically the tangs are fine for like 3-4 weeks and then just out of the blue stop eating and then die in about 2 days. I am very frustrated at this I have asked several people and noone seems to know why this is happening. If anyone has any ideas please let me know!!!!!! Thanks in advance

fishgeek01

Could Be A Virus Or Parasite, Or Bacteria That Is Specific To Tangs. I HAVE NO CLUE IN THESE AREAS, AS I AM NOT A PTHOLOGIST, IT SOUNDS LIKE YOUR FEEDING ENOUGH VEG FOR THEM

drewsta

Their bellies stay full and i am keeping up with water changes once every 2 weeks I just can't figure it out

rs1831

That really sucks. I would try to get Beth's or Lion_crazz's attention. Maybe they would know something.

tx reef

Stress?
What size are they? Those two fish would be real crowded in a tank that size if they were anywhere near adult size.

chris57

i bet that the fish got in a fight and hurt each other to the point that they would die from the injuries, or it could be your air pump the air bubbles get caught in their gills and they sufficate.

reefeel

Did you quarentine the fish beforehand? Could be side effects of cyanide kicking in. Might want to find out about the source you bought them from.

drewsta

The naso was about 4 inches the sailfin is about 1-1.5 inches they do not have marks on them from injuries and I do not have any stray air bubbles in my tank I made sure of that when I set up my tank. I think it might be parasites but why would each fish die around 4 weeks of being in the tank

drewsta

I did quarantine 1 of the fish but not the other because i was going out of town. The sources were I got my fish are grade A places and I buy most of my stuff from these places. Its weird because they eat fine the whole time until right before they die