The 10 gallon clownfish only experiment.

btldreef

I can't edit your post right now for some reason, but please do not post links to competitor sites, including eBay.
What kind of starfish was it? Even if it was stressed, it should not have lost a leg that quickly. I have this gut feeling that your LFS is giving you absolutely terrible advice and just sees you as a walking dollar sign. NO starfish belongs in a newly set up 10G tank. I honestly feel like they sold you a poor specimen because they knew they could.
The diatoms should go away on their own. In new tanks theyneed to run their course. When they run out of silicates to eat, they'll die off.
The clown is small, but let him adjust to the tank and allow your tank to settle before considering adding anything else besides CUCmembers.
In regards to air bubbles, they can get trapped in fishes gills and cause a gas bubble, which is often fatal. They can also raise pH, which can be good or bad, just don't let it get too high and try to keep it consistent.
As for lighting, you don't need anything ultra powerful if you're only planning zoanthids since it's a small tank. PCs will work. I've kept numerous corals in a 14G under 24watt 10K and 24 watt 420nmactinic bulbs. You might want to look into an LED fixture.