TWO PUFFERS IN ONE TANK

tonynader

I was wondering if i can have two puffers in the same tank if i add them at the same exact time. Porcupine and stars and strips puffer is what i plan

tonynader

ok well since you guys arent answering i went ahead and did it. they are both in the tank swimming next to eahother with no signs or threat. does this mean this could change later on? or will they always be fine?

aquaknight

Of the puffers I would have suggested not to try this with (besides a Mappa/Stellatus), were the Porcupine and the S&S. However those previous stories of failure were either of them were mixed with less aggressive ones, dogface, burrfish, etc. For the time being, I believe they will be fine. However the Porcupine will eventually reach maturity and then I believe problems will arise, as they develop such a jekyll/hyde personality. I have seen Porcupine's bite yellow tangs, taking out most of their back, completely out of the blue.

tonynader

oh wow really? ya mine seem to be doing great together. no signs of negativity at all. They swim next to each other and seem playful.