Vitamin C

M

mohd

I case of increasing fish's heathy and immunity. Should we put Vitamine C in the tank (Human use) as some paper suggest to feed them with food.

mcsd22

I would like to hear some input on this also. I am just not sure if human C is the right stuff to use?

lion_crazz

In increasing the fish's immune system, Vitamin C and other vitamins are EXCELLENT to use in the fish's food. However, I would use the products specifically designed for fish tanks (Kent's Vitamin C and Zoe, Selcon, VitaChem, Garlic Xtreme). I use all five of them on a daily rotation and my fish are extremely healthy.

M

mohd

Originally Posted by mcsd22
I would like to hear some input on this also. I am just not sure if human C is the right stuff to use?
Asobic acid for lab or shirmp farm industry use. it not an easy method for feeding fish with something rare. I just need to know that can the fish absorb Asobic acid via their grill or skin.

M

mohd

Originally Posted by lion_crazz
In increasing the fish's immune system, Vitamin C and other vitamins are EXCELLENT to use in the fish's food. However, I would use the products specifically designed for fish tanks (Kent's Vitamin C and Zoe, Selcon, VitaChem, Garlic Xtreme). I use all five of them on a daily rotation and my fish are extremely healthy.
ok, One more curious question.... Such excellenct stuff can be drowed out from water by our protein skimmer or not? and how about activated carbon..( Only sometime putting them for absorb some colour)

lion_crazz

Sure, carbon and skimming can take out some of it, but not the majority of it. It is better if this stuff is administered direcly into the fish's food as you soak the food in it though.

M

mohd

Sure, carbon and skimming can take out some of it, but not the majority of it. It is better if this stuff is administered direcly into the fish's food as you soak the food in it though.
Mostly, I just soak the shrimp meat overnight. Thank that a good idea for me to do it.

lion_crazz

No problem! I soak all my foods in a cup of tank water for 20 minutes before I feed the fish. This allows the food to thaw out, as well as pick up a lot of extra vitamins before the fish eat it.

M

mohd

No problem! I soak all my foods in a cup of tank water for 20 minutes before I feed the fish. This allows the food to thaw out, as well as pick up a lot of extra vitamins before the fish eat it.
How about Folic acid? Can it help fish to spawn more quicker?

mavgi

Originally Posted by mohd
I case of increasing fish's heathy and immunity. Should we put Vitamine C in the tank (Human use) as some paper suggest to feed them with food.

you can't just put vitamin C for people in your tank, because it will dramatically lower the pH. This will hurt your fish more than the disease.vitamin C for fish that is buffered at about 8.0. You should still buffer your tank, and keep a close watch on the pH while dosing your tank to avoid fluctuations.
Vitamin C is a wonderful alternative to treating any fish disease. It does not remain in your tank indefinitely, the way most chemicals, like copper, do. In fact, vitamin C will only last about eight hours in your tank before it begins to degrade. It is safe for sensitive invertebrates, and it can be used in small doses as a maintenance vitamin, to keep our fish healthy.
It has been noted that adding vitamin C can aid in the recovery of fish suffering from hlle.
when i make meaty food to my fish i mix all in small jar and after i dose all the vitamin in the jar mix well and put all in zip lock bug and then i frease it for 24 hour . at this way i have food already mix with all those vitamin and when i feed the fish i break small piece and put it in the tank.

M

mohd

Originally Posted by mavgi
you can't just put vitamin C for people in your tank, because it will dramatically lower the pH. This will hurt your fish more than the disease.vitamin C for fish that is buffered at about 8.0. You should still buffer your tank, and keep a close watch on the pH while dosing your tank to avoid fluctuations.
Vitamin C is a wonderful alternative to treating any fish disease. It does not remain in your tank indefinitely, the way most chemicals, like copper, do. In fact, vitamin C will only last about eight hours in your tank before it begins to degrade. It is safe for sensitive invertebrates, and it can be used in small doses as a maintenance vitamin, to keep our fish healthy.
It has been noted that adding vitamin C can aid in the recovery of fish suffering from hlle.
when i make meaty food to my fish i mix all in small jar and after i dose all the vitamin in the jar mix well and put all in zip lock bug and then i frease it for 24 hour . at this way i have food already mix with all those vitamin and when i feed the fish i break small piece and put it in the tank.
How do you think about any product that claims to vitamin C in liquid form and put directly to the tank... it mostly contain more essentail vitamin and more and more.

bang guy

I've seen no evidence that adding any vitamin to tank water is beneficial for fish. Adding it to food is a big problem IMO because of the high risk of overdosing. I'd suggest just sticking to SelCon or other food additives proven to be beneficial.

M

mohd

Originally Posted by Bang Guy
I've seen no evidence that adding any vitamin to tank water is beneficial for fish. Adding it to food is a big problem IMO because of the high risk of overdosing. I'd suggest just sticking to SelCon or other food
additives proven to be beneficial.
That maybe a good idea..! Have you ever used AZOO vitamin in liquid form?

M

mohd

Originally Posted by MoneyMan
Anyone tried lime/lemon/orange juice as a source for vitamin C?
Nice question....! some people in my country use lemon to low their ph in Discus breeding tanks, and Vitamin C tablets of BLACKMORE Bio C in marine tank including CaltratePlus to dosing Calcium. I've seen too much scary movie here.....

sleasia

Most human medications have additives in them...In the old days I found Health food store vitamin c which was plain ascorbic acid with no additives whatsoever and I would crush the pill, mix with tank water and add some to the tank weekly...In large tanks this will not greatly effect ph, but in small nanos or small tanks it probably will. Now I simply put 3 or 4 drops of vitamin C (lfs stuff for marine fish) into my soaking/thawing fish food along with zoe, zoecon and garlic...I scoop out the food and feed the fish without adding

M

mohd

Originally Posted by sleasia
Most human medications have additives in them...In the old days I found Health food store vitamin c which was plain ascorbic acid with no additives whatsoever and I would crush the pill, mix with tank water and add some to the tank weekly...In large tanks this will not greatly effect ph, but in small nanos or small tanks it probably will. Now I simply put 3 or 4 drops of vitamin C (lfs stuff for marine fish) into my soaking/thawing fish food along with zoe, zoecon and garlic...I scoop out the food and feed the fish without adding

I found Azoo Vitamin claimed that contains Vitamine C and all fish needed.