what can i put in nano cube

hnkthetank

i just got 24 gal nano cube delux 72 wat pc lighting. just wondering what i could put in there as far as fish and corals
:help: :needhelp: :happyfish

feixjai

you can put clownfishes and gobies or any small fish. hows yours doing? i was thinking about getting one

kdfrosty

Off topic a little bit, but we call our Emerald Crab "Hank the Tank". I saw your name and it reminded me of our lil guy.

richie1742

i think its 4-6 watts per gallon for most soft corals, correct me if im wrong. you have about 3 watts per gallon but since nano cubes are so shallow i think you will do just fine. and small fish like clowns dams and gobys are good for your tank. i really like the jbj nano cubes they are the best IMO, but the only bad thing about them is that over time water gets to the electronic ballast and ruins the whole hood , witch means replacing the most expensive part of the tank. this doesnt happen often but it could happen. this only goes for the 12 and 6 gallon nano cubes the 24gal has an external ballast

R

ramsey

I myself just got started and one easy tip to do for some is to wait. I no most of them thought thats its ok right after the cycle but if I were u I would wait a week or two, thats my 1 cent

hnkthetank

I was also thinking exactly what wish to put in there. Maybe a Jawfish or a Orange Spotted Goby. Also maybe some clowns from ORA. :thinking: :happyfish

R

ramsey

Iam still in the making of the tank but heres mt steps Iam following and to get if not already owend:
Steps:
Mixed salt into Ro water "let it mix a day or two thats what iam doing and also get the salt content atleast to .023"
Tommarow putting ls and lr in "letting it settel a while before you turn the pump on and power heads"
Test for nitrats,am, sla, etc. " Thats the part of the cycle all the testing and the ammonia spikes and that"
Do water changes if needed to lower salt content " still use ro water", nitrate, ammonia checks.
Then for me Iam going to add fish in Mid Oct. "sounds long but worth it"
Stuff needed "Iam saying stuff you might no already":
Ro Water "Culligans Water"
Instant Ocean's salt
Iam using a bio wheel filter "you dont have to"
Heater for you gal. tank
Power heads "atleast 80 to 125 gph"
I have an air pump " not needed
Stuff Op:
Gavel plate
plants
etc.
If you dont get what I mean you might ask someone who is awake more so srry if it sounds weired
Oh and spelling

hnkthetank

Originally Posted by KDFrosty
Off topic a little bit, but we call our Emerald Crab "Hank the Tank". I saw your name and it reminded me of our lil guy.
cool