Saltwaterfish.com › Forums › Saltwater Fish Forum › Reef Tanks › how often can i dose kalkwasser?

how often can i dose kalkwasser?

post #1 of 6
how long should i wait till i get dose another gallon of kalkwasser, turbo calcium or buffer?
post #2 of 6
Are you testing your tank water for calcium and alk levels? This should give you the answers for when to add supplements and which ones. As for kalkwasser, I dose it 24/7 to replace all evaporated water. You may be able to do this also but again, you need to monitor your calcium and alk, and also watch your pH.
post #3 of 6
kalk is a regular thing. but keep in mind kalk only maintains the level. you will need to raise the calcium level with another product before you start to drip kalk. I recommend useing the search feature, we discussed this in-depth last week.
post #4 of 6
btw vince,

i would not worry about calcium if you have anenomes dying or any water problems at all. they should take priority over kalk. I would wait untill all my levels wer good to go again and then worry about calcium.

other than anenome's what corals do you have?
post #5 of 6
I really don't think my water conditions are bad because the other anemone is thriving in this one position I put him/her in. I wanted to take things slow so I haven't added any corals or new fish in my tank yet (also i'm low on cash =) )

i wanted to increase my growth of coraline algae , thats why i'm starting to add calcium at this point

[ August 12, 2001: Message edited by: vince ]
post #6 of 6
Kalk should be added anytime makeup water is added too counter evaporation.

BurnNSpy
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Reef Tanks
Saltwaterfish.com › Forums › Saltwater Fish Forum › Reef Tanks › how often can i dose kalkwasser?