Sump water level

Peterbuff

hi I had recently calibrated my sump and overflow and it has been fine the first few days but recently the water level of the sump has been dropping at around a 1/4 inch every hour or so I'm not sure why I keep having to fill the sump up it's a pro clear premier 75 wet/dry, thanks guys

one-fish

Have you thought about evaporation. I thought I had leaks in my DIY set-up at first, have a 55gal and fill sump daily w/RODI to keep the flow to my liking. Just a thought..

Peterbuff

Have you thought about evaporation. I thought I had leaks in my DIY set-up at first, have a 55gal and fill sump daily w/RODI to keep the flow to my liking. Just a thought..
I thought About both but I have a towel under my sump and shut off the heater but it still goes down no leaks or anything

one-fish

Not familiar with your equipment. I would goggle your name of sump if you haven't already. I remember looking for leaks for about a week before figuring out it was evaporation....even added a valve to throttle pumps output bc didn't think it would be so much of a volume. pour in about a half gal every day.

Peterbuff

Not familiar with your equipment. I would goggle your name of sump if you haven't already. I remember looking for leaks for about a week before figuring out it was evaporation....even added a valve to throttle pumps output bc didn't think it would be so much of a volume. pour in about a half gal every day.
So it's normal for it to evaporate that fast, and add a half gallon of r/o water right

2quills

My system evaporates 1.5 gallons a day in the winter months and about 1 gallon in summer months.

The smaller the return chamber is the more dramatic the drop in water level is.

geridoc

220 gal display with open top, and I need to replace 3 gallons every other day in the winter, less in the summer.

beaslbob

other than leaks and evaporation, it could be some blockage in your drain/overflow. Our tank had a screen on the inner overflow box the would become covered with algae. And the sump would go down very fast until we took the screen out and cleaned out the algae.

my .02