Mystical scooter blenny.

jay0705

I broach this subject lightly. Draggonets in general are difficult fish to keep. The name is miss leading. Scooter "blenny" is actually a draggonet, along with mandarins.
That said, I've owned a fair amount over the years. One common thing imo is the drab common scooters readily accept frozen food. I picked up 2 yest. My tank is large and all my current fish are too big to be eating pods. Plus i have pods everywhere! In feeding today i do a mixture of sprilina brine, mysis, and mega marine alagae. The mega has plankton in it among other things. Basically a large mysis shrimp. My one scooter chased and grabbed that thing from feet away. It was actually comical. I didn't think it had a chance of sucking that thing in lol. So if your like me and enjoy the rock hopping and wall crawling antics of draggonets. Look into the drab but entertaining scooter draggonet. Much much more likely to eat frozen then mandarins.

lmforbis

I bought a ruby red scooter a few weeks ago. I’ve never seen him eat frozen. I don't really watch that closely. I’d like to get a female, mine is male but I never see just females on DD. just males or pairs. I regret not getting a pair. Do top know if two males can live -peacefully together. I’d also love to get a pair of mandarins.

jay0705

In your tank you can probably do two males. I would bet if you just order a ruby red and not from DD you would get a female. Males are the flashy ones so i bet most go to DD.
A pair of mandys are nice and get along fine with scooters. It does seem the browns take to frozen easier tho. I have a few packages of nutramar if i get a picky eater tho.

lmforbis

Since dragonet are hard to QT I don’t like to order them from anyplace but DD. I think I’m jest going to keep watch for a pair of mandys on DD. I’m in no rush. I leave in 3 weeks for the Philippines so I probably shouldn’t get anything until I get back In early April.

jay0705

The one plus to qt a mandy is its the only fish in there. Its has no competition for food. They will eat frozen in the bag. I do it while they float. They just don't seen as aggressive as scooters to compete with other fish for it. That said i had one that would eat hikari s pellets. He would suck them rt off the sand.

jay0705

I saw them, very nice. I picked up a large male mandy last week. I haven't been seeing them lately. This fella was huge!!!!. Its eating mysis too so its a win win

jay0705

Yea. He was slow on the pick up at first. I think watching the scooters come up and get it in the water column helped teach him.

jay0705

I haven't seen them in forever. Its odd too, because DD has been offering alot of captive bred lately. I know ora i believe raises captive mandys.

lmforbis

My female ruby red appears to be settling in very nicely. I wasn’t sure how the much bigger male would treat her but he hasn’t bothered her at all.

jay0705

Excellent. All my male scooter does is flash his top fin to my female. They generally mix well.

Lbablylee

I bought a ruby red scooter a few weeks ago. I’ve never seen him eat frozen. I don't really watch that closely. I’d like to get a female, mine is male but I never see just females on DD. just males or pairs. I regret not getting a pair. Do top know if two males can live -peacefully together. I’d also love to get a pair of mandarins.
What does DD stand for? Newbie here.