Hey everyone

novahobbies

Hey T, howsit? Good to see you here! I know, I miss my horses also....maybe some day soon I'll be able to do another horse tank.

novahobbies

Well, I'm sure she'll pop in again sooner or later.

I miss having a seahorse tank, but I don't miss how much the horses tied me down in terms of travel. Regular tanks are so much easier to deal with in that regard....just set a feeder for pellets, make sure your topoff is in good shape, and off you go. Still though.....since I've been resetting my bedroom tank, I can't tell you how many times I've reconsidered keeping horses again these past couple weeks.

im around lol
just not very often
would love to start another tank but don't see it happening
I have a nice freshwater with angels for now - nothing fancy

flower

Well, I'm sure she'll pop in again sooner or later.

I miss having a seahorse tank, but I don't miss how much the horses tied me down in terms of travel. Regular tanks are so much easier to deal with in that regard....just set a feeder for pellets, make sure your topoff is in good shape, and off you go. Still though.....since I've been resetting my bedroom tank, I can't tell you how many times I've reconsidered keeping horses again these past couple weeks.
Why should keeping SHs be any different from regular SW fish? I used to think they had to be fed twice a day, but no, they do just fine once a day...then again I never fed pellets to any of my fish, I always fed frozen Mysis thawed...so it's all the same to me. The only drawback I have found are the choices so limited for tank mates.

novahobbies

Why should keeping SHs be any different from regular SW fish? I used to think they had to be fed twice a day, but no, they do just fine once a day...then again I never fed pellets to any of my fish, I always fed frozen Mysis thawed...so it's all the same to me. The only drawback I have found are the choices so limited for tank mates.
That's kind of the reason right there. Most fish, you can train to pellets and use an autofeeder. No such thing with seahorses. Unless you can find a sitter to come over and feed once a day, you're basically stuck.

That being said....I still miss having them. Such beautiful animals.