Need a Little help

2quills

Just pick out the GHA and leave the display lights off. It will happen. Don't make me come over there and take your display lights away lol.

one-fish

Going to be gone 5 days next week so I won't be around to mess with it, so there is no need for you to hold my display light captive..Lol

one-fish

Still got my lights and have
Just pick out the GHA and leave the display lights off. It will happen. Don't make me come over there and take your display lights away lol.
Guess you got lost still got my lights....Lol. Lights have been on a 8am to 4pm 60% intensity of both the blue and white lights for 3 days now. Did remove the GHA Chaeto ball from the sump and turned off sump lighting. DT is looking good, in fact the best I have seen. Not giving up on the chaeto in fact went to another LFS and this time they had chaeto theirs looked a lot better from what I purchased 2X earlier. Thinking tom will have to revist them. Thx 2 for the help !!

2quills

No problem. I'd have left the algae in the sump to prevent it from coming back in the display but now that you know some tips and tricks it's a little easier to avoid or deal with in the future.

one-fish

Wife has been caring for my tank while I was away for 5 days, I left the DT light on as above.. sump light 24/7. Came home last night as I opened the sump cabinet all I saw was a big green mass......Yes Green Chaeto...and it's growing ..Hot Damn!!
After two prior attempts and two failures I know now where to buy my chaeto...and the best part no more GHA in the DT....Thx 2

lmforbis

I bought that exact bulb for my fuge. Now that my sump is in my basement so I don't have to see the pink light coming out of the cabinet it seemed like a good idea. Plants aren't coming till next week though so we'll see how well it works.

one-fish

IMG_0536.JPG Ok put the light in sump 24/7 will let ya know how I do... Never know what to expect from LR ...one of my hitchhikers is getting big

2quills

When you guys get to a heavier bio load I suspect you'd get much better results with a second bulb. But interested to hear what your results are with the single.