Moving to a bigger tank.

jmbdrummer

Good morning,

Just a few questions to help make sure I don't hurt my fish and corals.

I am in the process of moving from a 30 gallon tank to a 75. I currently have a reef tank that had been going for over a year. Some of my corals are attached really well to my live rock. How do I move these? I have new water in the new tank. I was told at my LFS not to use the same water and use new water, is this the best way? How do you acclimate the rock with corals attached? I know I can float the fish and acclimate that way. But my main concern is the corals. Any suggestions? Thank you.

lmforbis

You can put the whole rock with coral attached in a bucket with old water and slowly add water from the new tank. If your parameters are the same it shouldn't be an issue.

jmbdrummer

You can put the whole rock with coral attached in a bucket with old water and slowly add water from the new tank. If your parameters are the same it shouldn't be an issue.
Thank you. That is what I was thinking but wasn't sure. Should I use the old water in the new tank or just dump it?

jmbdrummer

Thank you for asking. The fish and corals are doing great. I have even added some new fish and a few more frags. I am in the process of building light stands to hold the new lights. I will post pictures soon. Thanks again to everyone for all the advice.

Luanne

Thank you for asking. The fish and corals are doing great. I have even added some new fish and a few more frags. I am in the process of building light stands to hold the new lights. I will post pictures soon. Thanks again to everyone for all the advice.
Glad to hear it. I am in the process of moving my tank to a bigger tank. Added my first fish tonight

jmbdrummer

It is definitely a stressful time at least it was for me. Good luck. Hope everything goes well. Post pics sometime.

Luanne

It is definitely a stressful time at least it was for me. Good luck. Hope everything goes well. Post pics sometime.
Well the first fish in the tank is doing great. Made thru the night. I'll post pics when it is all done. That is my tank as of last night

Attachments