EcoTech Marine Vortech

JH919

Hello All,
I'm looking to purchase a couple new power heads. My current two Aqueon 950gph powerheads are less than desirable. I have them connected to a Hydor Wavemaker and every time one gets turned on it makes a banging sound. I would think it could frighten a fish or two (don't have any in the DT at this time). Needless to say I've been (probably as well as most of us) lusting after the new line of Quiet Drive pumps. I figured I would drop some coin a two pumps. My question is, could I get away with two MP10's or go with two MP40's? (75g tank btw). Lets discuss :)

2quills

Good choice. They put out quite a bit of flow. One is enough on my 120g even though I have two. They run on low speed most of the time.

JH919

Good choice. They put out quite a bit of flow. One is enough on my 120g even though I have two. They run on low speed most of the time.
Quick question (or two) 2quills, As I recall the pump has a nighttime mode. Is it a predetermined set time? Do you use it?

2quills

Quick question (or two) 2quills, As I recall the pump has a nighttime mode. Is it a predetermined set time? Do you use it?

It does, it's a preset time of 10 hours. No I can't say that I've used it much. I usually run it in reef crest mode or lagoon random.