Looking for some crabs

iidylii

my dad is looking to get a list of crabs that actually show themselves once in a while...I know the arrow crab does but he doesn't want something like that..as well as the emerald also considering I don't know anyone who can keep them alive...

So besides those two does anyone have experience with any that aren't really hiders?

jay0705

I assume u don't mean hermits. The issue with crabs is alot will eat fish if given a chance. But a few ideas are decorator crabs, and sally light foot

iidylii

yep that's why he doesn't want an arrow crab lol...he is getting a sally though which in my opinion I don't trust them lol something that size that has ninja skills like that im not messing with lol...

iidylii

Funny the other day one of my tiger gobies was really freaking out darting back and forth across the tank...he had a hermit crab latched onto one of his bottom fins for a good 5 seconds lmao

Jesterrace

Hermits are the only crabs i trust w fish lol.
Agreed. I have 13 hermits in my tank and other than the occasional small snail or dying hermit crab, they don't bother anything. The left handed hermits and small blue crabs will add some color and they are very active.