Fish selection suggestions

pfcbizz

Hello, Ive been working on my 180 gal tall acrylic tank and I'm getting to the point I'm bout to get it running, and I want to start early researching my fish selection and I've had alot of type of fish I want but as of now I can only agree with 2 type and they are :

1. King Angel
2. Sailfin Tang

and Now I need some help selecting 4 more, so I'm asking for any suggestions.

jay0705

Due to the length you have to watch your tang selection. They swim length wise height doesn't do much for them. A fox face would wrk tho

pfcbizz

Ok thanks for your opinions of my selections now I ask if you were doing this tank what would you do as a section now mind you I want color my favorite fish is angels and my second is tangs and I need 6 fish, so give it to me.

lmforbis

Dwarf angel, I prefer the flame. I love the watanabi angel, they may be too big though. I agree with the Yellow tang. Orchid dotty back is a great splash of color. Your tank is big enough for a maroon clown. I had a lamarks angel. It wasn’t colorful in the normal sense, black and white, but it glowed with the actinic light. I sadly lost it shortly after I upgraded my tank last March. The Banggai cardinal fish is nice for the same reason.

pfcbizz

I can mess with the dwarf angels I do like the coral beauty, and I guess I could even mess with the kole tangI don't know about the cardinals though and had a fox face they are also nice, any others I want to hear .

jay0705

I have a maroon and have no issues with it. It doesn't even bother new additions. Clarkii and tomatoes are generally more aggressive.
I don't have any but i like orange skunk clowns

lmforbis

I had a Clarki. It was one vicious fish. As it got older it got real ugly looking. It ended up in a tank with a blue damsel and a moray eel.

lmforbis

Agreed. That is kind of the same across most salt water fish. Only one of a specific genus. You can’t do more than one centropyge. You also need to watch out for body shape and color. Royal gramma (genus-gramma) looks like the bicolor dottyback (genus-pictichromis). They are different genera but they look similar and they will be an issue.

iidylii

i agree when I first got into the hobby I tried 2 types of dwarfs, a bicolor and a beauty...was fine for a couple days then one killed the other...in a HUGE tank 200-300 gallon sure maybe...there are some pretty colorful blennies out there as well...I have a chalk bass which is kind of neat as well...squirrel fish, sifter gobies etc...