Clownfish

Joanne

Help...
I have had a maroon clownfish and a clark clown fish in my 180 gallon tank for almost 2 yrs.
Out of nowhere the maroon clown started attacking the clark.
I have been trying for 3 days now to get one of them out of the tank but, no success.
The clark is in bad shape torn fins and totally stressed.
Why is my question did the maroon clown start attacking?
Any ideas why and any ideas how to get one out of the tank.
We have live rock, corals, etc all over the tank and knocked down a bunch yesterday trying to get the maroon out.
Help. .
Thank you Joanne

jay0705

There probably two of the more aggressive clowns. Mixing different types of clowns isn't reccomend.
Best bed is to leave a net in the tank. Let them get use to it. Then start feeding over it.

Joanne

There probably two of the more aggressive clowns. Mixing different types of clowns isn't reccomend.
Best bed is to leave a net in the tank. Let them get use to it. Then start feeding over it.
Good idea
It's strange that after almost 2yrs this started.
You think one is going through a sex change?

Joanne

Yes, we thought we got lucky when tjey hung out with each other.
But, now I feel terrible about it.
They are awesome fish.

jay0705

I love my maroon. It's the only clown in its tank tho. It doesn't bother any tank mates tho. Once they mature tho, it's a mated pair or something is ending up dead.

Joanne

Our maroon doesn't mess with anyone else except now the Clark. So, I am guessing they are both female now.

jay0705

Maroon clowns are one of the earliest to change. That's why it's so hard pairing them up

Joanne

We were able to remove maroon clown. She will be rehomed. Sad to see her go but can't handle her being rough

Joanne

Maroon clown is going back to the lfs this morning . She is not liking the 5 gallon bucket. I am airaiting the water for her.
Store opens in 2 hrs. Hope she makes it.
Thoughts?

Joanne

OMG!
OMG
She is dead.
Made it to LFS and he put her in a tank not knowing there was an eel in it!
We grabbed the eel and pried it's mouth open but he had already suffocated her.
I am in shock!