Recent content by 95harley

1. 95harley

I'm in Algae Purgatory, HELP!!!!

GFO and BRS reactor ordered - CHECK (Awaiting Delivery) Purchase Tech M - Check (Preparing to start dosing) Lights reduced to blues only for 6hr a day - Check (Temporary Solution) Suck it out - Check (Water made and standing by) Stay Tuned
  2. 95harley

Thanks sir
  3. 95harley

I'm ordering one now. Next question do you prefer GFO or Rowaphos? I hear good things about ROWA.
  4. 95harley

Originally Posted by AquaKnight Google 'BRS High Capacity GFO' The thing is, any type of granulated media needs to be used in a proper reactor (Two Little Fishes, Aqua C XP Plus). Simply placing a bag of phosphate remover in the sump, isn't going to cut it. I also don't believe 'phosphate...
  5. 95harley

Here are the pics...advice? http://s276.photobucket.com/albums/kk11/JMAC235/ Algae type? Next steps in this war?
  6. 95harley

I have done 2 - 20% water changes trying to clean it and I would guess I add about 5g per week of FW RO/DI trying to fight with evaporation.
  7. 95harley

Originally Posted by meowzer YUP...That's what I was thinking....only cause he asid it was heavy and hard to move.....cyano is usually light and blows off easily...right Thanks for clearing my mind though...LOL...I hate when you can't think of a word :) But it's not red, it's greenish and...
  8. 95harley

I'll get some tonight. Originally Posted by meowzer Do you have a pic of this algae? I can not think of the name of the algae it sounds like... grrrrrr BUT if it is what I am thinking....start scrubbing.... HENRYYYYYYY where are you?????
  9. 95harley

Yep, I'm using RO/DI and only adding B-Ionic 1 & 2. Current only bioload is 13 damsels and the eel. I have a lg bag of Chemi pure elite in the sump and running water through phosphate removal pads. Originally Posted by Flower With that much algae having a phosphate reading of .25 means your...
  10. 95harley

So I tried converting my 240g FOWLR to a what I had planned on being a softie reef but the algae is really starting to PISS ME OFF. I sold all my fish and let the tank sit empty for 30 days so if there was any fish diseases (ich) in there it would be long gone. After a GOOD cleaning and...
  11. 95harley

Clean Up Crew For Lions?

Originally Posted by jarrod13 I throw in snails since no one has mentioned it yet, any kind would be safe with lions, big or small is fine For Eels & Lions +1...Snails, Snails, and more snails. Maybe a few hermits as well. I say few so they don't hunt your snails. For Lg Wrasses and Triggers...
  12. 95harley

Feeding Corals - My 1st corals (need advice)

I recently converted my 240g FOWLR to what will be an aggressive reef with a Dragon Moray and 2-3 dozen various Damsels. I had an algae bloom when I changed the lights from PC to 15 HO T5's, but I've added 12 Turbo's and 12 Astrea snails and they are working hard to clean it back to bare rocks...
  13. 95harley

Any More Room

Here is you a video to watch.....be warned. http://s136.photobucket.com/albums/q...t=MVI_2067.flv
  14. 95harley

How about one of these badboys?

Originally Posted by RCreations You guys prefer this picture more? lol I want one!