Recent content by bmkj02

1. bmkj02

Marsaqua led?

Never heard anything negative about them. Some local people I have ran into swear by them. Say they have gotten a lot of growth by them. Hear say. I just got 2 of the 165w that I haven't installed yet and have a 300w coming in this weekend. I'm just trying to crossover from MH. Electric bill...
  2. bmkj02

Denitrator help

Thanks Quint. Ill give it a few more weeks and see
  3. bmkj02

Denitrator help

I have set up a DIY coil denitrator for the past 6 weeks. Its has about 100ft of RO tubing in it on a 125g tank. Its set about 1 drip a sec. Now is the nitrate level coming out the denitrator supposed to be higher or lower than the DT? Mine is coming out higher. LFS told me slower the drip is...
  4. bmkj02

Coil denitrator help

bump
  5. bmkj02

Coil denitrator help

I have set up a DIY coil denitrator for the past 6 weeks. Its has about 100ft of RO tubing in it with bio balls on a 125g tank. Its set about 1 drip a sec. Now is the nitrate level coming out the denitrator supposed to be higher or lower than the DT? Mine is coming out higher. LFS told me slower...
  6. bmkj02

Overflow question???

I have a question. I got a 65 AGA tank. It has one Mega Flow box offset in the middle. Two openings in the bottom for one drain (1")and one return (3/4").I never really liked the idea of the return coming from the flow box so I made mine coming from the opposite corner straight from the pump...
  7. bmkj02

Any big differences between the old style and new style Icecap Metal Halide ballast?

I am looking to buy a pair of 250w ballast. I see some selling the old style and new ones. Of course the old style is cheaper but is there a difference in performance between the two?
  8. bmkj02

Fittings on Brute trash cans

I was hoping you wouldnt say that. I guess uni-seals are it then. I just have to find them now. Thanks for the reply
  9. bmkj02

Fittings on Brute trash cans

What kind of fitting are you guys using on the Brute trash cans. Im ready to get started on my ATO going and was wondering if they were uni-seals or bulkhead fittings? Im kind of iffy on the uni-seals. Also what size diameter are you using on the PVC?
  10. bmkj02

DIY metal halide light fixture.

Check out craigslist for local business selling their shop lights. Most of them are 400w metal halides and all you have to do is change the bulbs to what you want. Thats what I did on my setup. I bought mine for $25 a piece and just bought the reflectors and was done
  11. bmkj02

Will I need a chiller if igo mh?

I have 2 x 400w MH plus 4 x 54w T5HO in my 125g. I live in Florida and no chiller here. Need more info on your setup
  12. bmkj02

Purchased cracked tank, now what?

Dont use it. It will cause you problem later on once the tank is set up.
  13. bmkj02

Fish stuck in power head

I agree with Flower too. That fish was on its way out. Regardless of the size they can beat the suction of a powerhead if healthy. I actually used window screen and covered my powerhead as I used a modded MJ 1200 and the opening were too big. I changed them later on and the opening were smaller...
  14. bmkj02

2Quills, 120G Re-build thread.

This is looking really nice. I would go with the right.
  15. bmkj02

Calcium Levels too high???

As long as your Alk and PH are on the money you wont have a problem running your calcium that high. I would just let it be. My girlfriends tank always runs at 500 for some strange reason in her 24g and her corals do great. Usually when Calcium is high Alk is low so then yes it would be a...