Recent content by Bryson

1. B

180gal reef tank build

I guess my best bet is to put the plastic on first and if I don't like it I can paint it after. (Obviously before I stock it)
  2. B

180gal reef tank build

Yeah the black overflows would blend in! Any thoughts on painted vs. plastic backdrop?
  3. B

180gal reef tank build

Painted vs. the plastic backdrop? I would think the paint would look nicer but would likely be permanent.
  4. B

180gal reef tank build

Hey everyone, I recently purchased a 180 gallon reef ready tank that I'll begin setting up soon. I have a hard time visualizing things so I figured id ask you all! My question is about a backdrop. Any advice on painting the back? What colors do you all think looks best? I thought I'd like a...
  5. B

Big green monster

I am considering that but first I'd like to try to stop it from growing completely rather than buying a clean up crew to eat it
  6. B

Big green monster

So I need to eliminate nitrates completely in order to get rid of the algae?
  7. B

7 x 2.5 x 2.5 Aussie peninsular build !

I realize this post was 2 years ago, but wow. Truly stunning aquarium!
  8. B

Big green monster

Hey everyone, quick overview: I have a 40 gal saltwater (fish only) tank. 2 clowns, 1 yellowtail damsel, 1 purple dottyback, 1 snail (not sure which kind). Tank has been up and running for approx 1.5 years A few months ago i had a cyanobacteria outbreak. Red slime covered probably 50% of the...
  9. B

Salt creep help!

The splashing seems minimal. I have a hang-on-side filter but the salt creep is on the opposite side of the tank. And yes good thinking! All of my cords have drop loops
  10. B

Salt creep help!

With the help of this forum I was able to completely rid my tank of Cyanobacteria! Now my next step is tackling the annoying salt creep all around the top of my tank. It covers the rim of the tank, around the filter, pretty much everywhere around the top. I do have a lid but that doesn't seem to...
  11. B

Coral Beauty Urgent

If aggression isn't the problem what else could it be? She has been basically laying against a rock and sometimes rolls on her side. Shes such a pretty fish and I'd hate to lose her
  12. B

Coral Beauty Urgent

Two days since she ate last but I'm more worried about her not swimming around at all. These fish have been in the tank together for about 5 months and never had a problem with aggression. This behavior just started happening out of the blue one day. Unfortunately I don't have a test kit so I...
  13. B

Coral Beauty Urgent

i have a 40 gallon FOWLR with 2 clowns, 1 yellowtail damsel, 1 purple dottyback, and 1 Coral Beauty. Recently my Coral Beauty started acting strange. Wont eat and won't come out from a hiding place. I even put frozen brine shrimp (which they always go crazy for) and she still didn't eat. She is...
  14. B

Help!! What is this?

Unfortunately, my local pet store is only open on fridays, so I will go then and buy a new light and take in a water sample. I am kind of new to this so I'm still learning. I purchased the sand and rock from the store, but was under the impression it would eventually turn into live rock/sand...
  15. B

Help!! What is this?

I do use RO/DI water most of the time. When the pet store isn't open then I mix my own from tap but I always use the chemicals to make it safe. I have one power head on the side opposite of my filter. I feed once a day (no more than they can eat in 20 seconds) and they eat all of it. I have 5...