Recent content by cdek11

1. cdek11

New Skimmer

Ok this Aquamaxx skimmer has been in my system for a month now and I still love it. I do not have to adjust it anymore just set it in sump set the level and watch it run. A very easy system [/IMG]
  2. cdek11

New Skimmer

So far I am happy it is working so much better than the cheap one I was using. I will post some more pictures in the morning. Just need to fine tune it.
  3. cdek11

New Skimmer

Ok thanks for the tip I just turned it back some.
  4. cdek11

New Skimmer

Here are two more pictures I just took at 840. Skimmer has not been running for a full 24 hrs yet.
  5. cdek11

New Skimmer

This is after about three hours in sump. Rodi water to wash off skimmer than put into sump; it is in about 8.5 to 9 inches of water.
  6. cdek11

New Skimmer

I am so happy it is like Christmas today. I have to write on here because my wife was like what is that? Me a new skimmer for tank. O ok I guess. I picked up the Aquamaxx and this thing is perfect. Very easy to set up and did not have to fight with it to get into small sump space. My tank must...
  7. cdek11

zoanthids coral with green hair on it

thanks for the help. I checked NO3 and it was 0 i do not have a P04 so will buy one and get new bulbs
  8. cdek11

t5 bulbs are about a year old i think. so time to change them i think. also i went back to tank and took a closer look also asked my wife and she said the stuff growing looks more or a brown color to her is this the same type. it still looks like hair and i see some on the glass in across the...
  9. cdek11

Have a zoanthids coral and one side is doing good the other has some type of green hair that just showed up out of the blue. it is only on one side of the coral and this side is not open. what can i do to help this coral out. it is just a green zoanthid
  10. cdek11

Plans for diy canopy for 75 gallon

yes that would be great any help that you can give me. posting them on here will be fine with me. thanks
  11. cdek11

Plans for diy canopy for 75 gallon

Does anyone have in plans for a canopy/hood for a 75 gallon aquarium. I just want something simple to cover top and place lights inside. The local fish store sells them for 150 bucks. i am hoping that i can build one and save a few bucks. Thanks for the help
  12. cdek11

Protein skimmer for 75 gallon

found a skimmer on craigslist brand new 80 bucks SCaquariums looks good and feels solid time to get the sump together and see how it works. Thanks for the input
  13. cdek11

My local LFS tried to sell me a ASM G1X but due to them being the only fish store in area it was 320 dollars way to much. I did get to see it in action and was working well. Snake what about the Octopus skimmer that are in the 200 dollar range.
  14. cdek11

I have been looking at skimmer for weeks now and i can not make up my mind on what to get or what i need. If you could give me some input on what you think would be a good fit please let me know. 75 gallon fish only right now will be placing coral into tank when sump is installed. The price...
  15. cdek11

Fish to place in 75 gallon tank

ok i will not get both. i want to keep the peace in the aquarium.