Recent content by Drew Palagyi

1. Drew Palagyi

What is this stuff???

Thanks spanko! I actually am fascinated by all that grows in the saltwater tank. I love it! Thank you all for your support.
  2. Drew Palagyi

What is this stuff???

So the question that I would like to ask then is is this harmful to my snails and or tank? Do I get rid of them?
  3. Drew Palagyi

What is this stuff???

here is another picture. Are they harmful?
  4. Drew Palagyi

What is this stuff???

I have stuff growing on my snails. I have had feather dusters start on them before but I can't identify this. Three of my turbo snails have this and it looks like rice but tiny. I would love any insight on this and weather it is normal or not. Thanks, Drew
  5. Drew Palagyi

Mydor Reef & Marine All-in-One Complex

I use this. I find it really helpful. I also noticed you posted this years ago so probably you have already have a conclusion on this product.
  6. Drew Palagyi

Hermet Crabs love conchs.....to eat!

Hello all, Just thought I would throw this out there so some others won't learn the hard way like me. I had three beautiful conchs in my tank for a whopping four days. They were very good cleaners and fun for the grand-kids to watch. The hermit crabs seemed to follow them around too. Well...
  7. Drew Palagyi

How do I get the nitrates down?

Thank you all.....you're the best!
  8. Drew Palagyi

Electric blue hermits

No. All other creatures are flourishing. I wish I knew.
  9. Drew Palagyi

Electric blue hermits

They did not.
  10. Drew Palagyi

That is what I change. I just had all my fish in my QT for ich and the water change I did for that was 25%. I ran the test today to see how my parameters were before the fish come home. That's when I noticed the change in nitrates. It could be because the fish were not in to eat all the food...
  11. Drew Palagyi

I have a 60 gallon tank and it cycled over two months ago. I do water changes every other week. I am going to do one in the morning. Flower I have been there and don't really know what a good macroalgae to have. I know my wife loves a clean looking tank and anything that looks like a snake...
  12. Drew Palagyi

I just took my weekly readings in my tank and everything is in check except nitrates. They are getting pretty high. 80ppm So how do I get them down?
  13. Drew Palagyi

Having a Dahhhh Moment...Help?

Awesome input! You all rock! I shall do a maintenance clean up and will put some sponge media in the DT filter to capture the good bacteria. I don't plan on getting any new fish yet so I'll be sure to wait about a month. Thanks again for all your help. Drew
  14. Drew Palagyi

Having a Dahhhh Moment...Help?

I am not too clear on my QT after the fish are gone from it. Ok so after the fish are out I clean out everything and disinfect it. New filter media and then do I fill it back up and let it cycle? I have the fish in it now doing a hypo treatment for ich. Just wanted to know what happens after...
  15. Drew Palagyi

I have a problem with ich

OK. Thanks again Beth. It means a lot to have people who care.