Recent content by Ds38

1. D

4 Purple Firefish all disappeared at once?

Anyone know how to keep royal gamma alive? Second time trying to add a batch of them, and they drop like flies instantly and/or disappear. Never had 1 alive for even an hour. I put them in and they just disappear forever. Tried a batch in May. And tried a batch today with the helfrichi and...
  2. D

Added 2 helfrichi firefish! Unlike the purple ones, the helfrichi never went into hiding upon adding them today! They have been visible all day! Now 2 helfrichi, 4 purple, and 4 red white all coexisting so far! Will cross my fingers that the helfrichi survive the next few weeks Here's a video...
  3. D

Final great video showing everything! All is well! 8 firefish can coexist! Everything here can coexist! Signing out!
  4. D

Anyone know what the puffed fin means of the 1 purplefirefish? The other 3 are all slick back, fin against them, but the 1 in the distance in these pics has its fin fully open, puffed, is it the leader? The male? All 4 are back!
  5. D

1 full week later after all 4 went missing at once... now all 4 are visible together! So it could be a water change them sends them into hiding, or mating season, or who knows! But my 4 purple firefish and my 4 red firefish, and sweetlips and damsels continue to live together for 2+ months...
  6. D

This big one is the 2nd one to come out of hiding! I swear he just yawned haha. He missed the 4pm food though so he's got to be hungry after 4 days.....
  7. D

UPDATE: Well 4 nights later, and now 2 purple firefish are visible!!!! The other 2 are obviously still just hiding due to the water change last wednesday or as my maintenance guys new theory is "I think it mating season. I think oct - Nov is when fish and coral breed. My damsels have made a...
  8. D

My maintenance guy has a theory that the latest 50 gallon water change scared the 4 purple firefish into hiding... as of last night, 1 appeared. Because literally the 50 gallon water change was at 12pm, and by 8pm I noticed no purple firefish. It was all the same day. I did not notice if the...
  9. D

UPDATE, next night 1 purple firefish has been spotted. So hope that the gang of 4 lives on....
  10. D

Got this skeleton out. Is it a firefish? Also, the skunk clown (pic 2) is the only new recent addition. Everyone else was coexisting with the purple firefish for 2+ months.... But this skunk clown just 10 days.... But he just floats in 1 place and hasn't looked aggressive at all. It's...
  11. D

2 pics, slide above The maintenance visits have mostly been to set up everything - not just testing water parameters. Also to put original coral and fish in, etc... June / July no maintenance visits. Took a break since had no fish after tank crash , except for my 4 bully damsel and cleaner...
  12. D

$200 per visit isn't standard? What is a reasonable amount for a maintenance visit? And I like cleaning the glass myself with the magnets, and I change the skimmer out myself because I don't want it to drip on my floor. So he comes and tests my levels, sometimes has made fixes to the teeth /...
  13. D

I'm confronting maintenance guy....
  14. D

Wow, so acclimating a fish from SWF to its quarantine tank, and then acclimating again a month later to the regular tank? All while maintaining good parameters for a 2nd tank..... I was under the impression the bacteria / crabs / all the small creatures that eat stuff will kill parasites. You...
  15. D

I hear ya! When I put the claw into the tank to retrieve something, one bully damsel in particular keeps circling my claw stick when it's in his area and keeps darting at it. So silly it wants to fight my claw stick for being in its area but can't do anything! How do I prevent a fish that's...