Recent content by dustintx

1. dustintx

Zoanthids are starting to die

Not all zoas are hardy. Some like dirtier water. If you have purigen or the like in your filtration, try taking it out and feed a little more to dirty up the water. I've had to sell corals because they don't agree with my water. About to trade my duncan colony that is super sensitive. Good luck.
  2. dustintx

Finally Happening!

Hammer Corals are finally splitting. One head has a bubble type pocket dead center! Very exciting.
  3. dustintx

Has anyone seen this before?

No,It's been like this as a tiny head. I've been watching it for some time now.
  4. dustintx

Euphylia Garden

5. dustintx

Has anyone seen this before?

I have a single paly,one stalk,two mouths.
  6. dustintx

adding a new little piece of dry/maybe dead LR to existing tank?

I bought one a couple months back and added the dry rock to my tank. I had a slight diatom bloom,but nothing a few water changes didn't fix. You could do a water change before adding the rock and use the old water in a bucket to rinse it off before adding it in your tank. Prime for an hour with...
  7. dustintx

Frogspawn Help!!!!

Yeah,that means that I need to double my snails as well.
  8. dustintx

Frogspawn Help!!!!

Its possible,but at the same time,the corals were great until the feeding of roids started. I'm thinking about removing all hermits to sump just in case and adding more snails.
  9. dustintx

Frogspawn Help!!!!

I did a water change and dipped it in antibiotic solution for a while. Fingers crossed,but not looking good. It's my fault though. I didn't realise how quickly reef roids can foul tank water if fed too much. Lesson learned! Another water change will be done today.
  10. dustintx

Frogspawn Help!!!!

Took these photos just now
  11. dustintx

Frogspawn Help!!!!

So I have 2 seperate frogspawn corals. Yesterday I noticed one was retracting so I did about a 25% water change. All corals look amazing except for this one single frogspawn. So today it has been retracted completely and wont come out. Also,the skeleton seems to be very brittle as I noticed some...
  12. dustintx

Rasta Zoas and Frogspawn additions

I will try and get a better photo of my Rasta Zoas cause they are gorgeous and this photo sucks.
  13. dustintx

Rasta Zoas and Frogspawn additions

So I went back to the LFS that accidently sold me Hammer Corals instead of Frogspawn. So he remembered me and said he was sorry and gave me a great price on 4 frog spawn heads. Cost me $30 as upposed to the $60 I spent on 3 Hammer Coral heads. He also had some Rasta Zoa frags so I picked one...
  14. dustintx

Orange Feather Duster in sump!

Ok,so I bought a hammer a few weeks ago and noticed these in the plug it is glued to (no relation to my sump). Anyway,I noticed some mucus flaying around the heads today but didn't seem to bother them. I'm wondering now if that mucus was coming from a snail? Hmm....I shoulf check. Is it true...
  15. dustintx

Orange Feather Duster in sump!

Should I be worried?