Recent content by fishnerd01

1. fishnerd01

What type of Chiller?

Ok, thanks. Another question I didn't think of, do I need a pre-filter for the chiller? I was planning on running it straight from the tank to the chiller and back. I don't have a sump. For now I am going to do no prefilter, I had planned on just cleaning it more often. I have live rock/sand...
  2. fishnerd01

What type of Chiller?

Its partially insulated, but not all that well. The lowest low would be 40 degrees in winter (rare), high is about 90 in the summer. My next question is the heater? The more I think about it, thats where the big temp fluctuation will be. How many watts heaters for a 50 gallon? I guess it...
  3. fishnerd01

What type of Chiller?

Hi, its been a while since i've posted here! I'm moving my tank into the garage. 50 gallon reef tank. I will need a chiller as in the summer it gets into the mid 90s (southern California). I should be ok with the heaters although it gets down to 40 degrees sometimes. What size chiller and any...
  4. fishnerd01

cpr usa refugium outflow clogged

Hi, I have a CPR hang on tank refugium. Its about 7 years old and the outflow has slowly been less and less. It near overflowed the other day and I realize I need to clean the the outlet tube out, but what is the best way? Its kind of a 45 degree angle. Is there a good kind of adjustable wire...