Recent content by flricordia

1. flricordia

Is he still here??

No, it wasn't because of the selling, I really do not have anything to sell except from time to time but that is far between as I am growing out my streamlined zoas now. The reason I have not been posting is I was given a demerit for something stupid even without a warning. I do not recall the...
  2. flricordia

FlricordiaZFA growout updates here.

No change to the spidermans. I recieved them as I stated before in an overheated box. The water I put a therm into and it was over 90F. They are still alive but not doing anything. Only a couple polyps. If anyone that is in the growout for them would like me to send them to you I will gladly do...
  3. flricordia

These are ready to go. There are some that have not contacted me though I have emailed several times. Please email at *** if you want your frags. Need to make plans to get these sent off. If I do not hear form you I will assume you are no longer in the hobby and want these. Thanks.
  4. flricordia

My Modest Zoa Collection

I just looked at the last pic a little closer myself. I swear looks like a nudi to the mid-upper left. Looks like one but the zoas wouldn't be open if it was. What is that? Odd colored skirt?
  5. flricordia

And I was wrong about the Spiderman's. There are 4 polyps so maybe they will start to spread. I am thinking about separating them from the green zoanthids growing alongside.
  6. flricordia

Just one of those evenings when I can't take my eyes off the zoanthids and their beautiful colors. Couple closeups of the Rainbows. Check those colors out. Think the group picked a winner zoa for sure. Those that bought into these are going to be stunned when they seen these in person. I notice...
  7. flricordia

My Modest Zoa Collection

Man, those are sweet. The first ones, are they Dragon flies?
  8. flricordia

My big paly from Flricordia

Originally Posted by GrouperGenius Thanks Mike. There are 7 babies on it so far. Do you dip it in straight iodine or a mix? And are you referring to Kent's Lugols Iodine? Just Kent's plain ol Iodine. Lugols is concentrated. I have no info nor have ever used it.
  9. flricordia

color change

Lower light will bring them back to color. When zoanthids, corals, any xoozanthellae hosting animal gets too much lighting the xoozanthellae multiply dramatically. One result is that because algae are brown/golden in color the host animal will also appear brownish/golden. Also what can happen...
  10. flricordia

Latest pics. Spidermans are still alive and doing well but have not started to spread any. Nightmares and Rainbows both are averaging about 8 polyps per person so far. Have plenty of room allotted for when spring roles around. There might be a bagillion polyps on each frag, well, at least a...
  11. flricordia

My big paly from Flricordia

Yes, take a razor blade and cut through the mat and dip the open wound into iodine (all I am familiar with is Kent's Iodine so can't give any recommendations for any other brands) and let them sit for about 30 seconds out in the dry, reglue them to a mount or whatever and place them in the tank...
  12. flricordia

Mohawks

beautiful no matter what shade they come in.
  13. flricordia

My zoa collection thus far.

Originally Posted by zoie2 what are those really big pink ones called in the first pic, and the really big blue ones in the 4th pic? I love the bigger polyps they are cool!! Cocos in the first and some kind of blue protopaly in the 4th.
  14. flricordia

Originally Posted by crypt keeper those hard to take care of? Zoanthids? Not at all as long as you follow a few simple rules like dip new arrivals incase there are nudis or snails and look them over well for nudi eggs and feed palythoas and protopalythoas. Zoanthus do not normally feed though...
  15. flricordia

Originally Posted by Debbie Michael, What kind of camera do you use?? How close to the tank are these shots taken?? I can never get a nice clear close up of my corals like you do yours. I have a Canon Power Shot S3 IS 6 MP 12x zoom Canonpowersot 570. Don't even make it anymore. I set the...