Recent content by freddyinca

1. freddyinca

zoa pest?

My zoas started dying off a while ago and could never figure out why. I just started getting some frags again and at first they were doing great, then they started closing up more and more. I have bunch of these little snails in my tank, and I know sundial snails are known to eat zoas, but don't...
  2. freddyinca

zoas dying please help

pulled out another 10 start fish today and brought my toby puffer back to the lfs, sad to see him go cuz he was a cool fish but eating corals is unacceptable. I am going to continue to monitor for other pests and hope for the best. Any supplements you guys recommend to help my zoas recover? I...
  3. freddyinca

zoas dying please help

ok, I just pulled out 14 asterinas by hand out of my tank to be on the safe side. About half of them were on my zoas so that looks a little suspicious. I currently have a percula clown, 6 line wrasse, and a toby puffer(which I am thinking of getting rid of because I have seen him pick at my...
  4. freddyinca

zoas dying please help

will test water again shortly. I read soemwhere online that Asterina Starfish can eat zoas. I have had the starfish for years in my tank and never had a problem but I noticed that there were a few in on of them on one of the damaged colonies. You guys think they are the ones eating them and if...
  5. freddyinca

zoas dying please help

yes water and lighting are good. I caught my toby puffer nipping at some of the zoas yesterday, but the problem with the zoas started before I got him. Any way to deter them form nipping at the zoas? Not nudis or sundials because I have had them before and I don't see any now.
  6. freddyinca

zoas dying please help

some of my zoa colonies have started to die off. I have looked for pest but done see any. It started with 1 colony but has spread to two others. Here are some pictures hopefully someone can help.
  7. freddyinca

thin plastic looking build up on surface

I have this thin layer on the surface of my tank and when distrubed it broke up and formed thin plastic looking pieces that floated around in my tank. I had surface build up before, but never like this where it actually formed into a substance when broken up. Any ideas????
  8. freddyinca

id please

It's been about 3 hours since I treated the tank and all my coarls have opened up again except for some of the zoos but they weren't open before traetment due to the nudi branches eating them. I can't see any nudi braches(before treatment you easily count 10 at any given time. There are a few...
  9. freddyinca

id please

OK i found out that flat worm exit also works on the nudi branches and since i already have a flat worm problem I figured I would kill 2 birds with one stone. I justed treated the tank and had plenty of carbon and new water at hand and so far so good. coarls and fish are recovering. I am going...
  10. freddyinca

id please

just found another 6
  11. freddyinca

id please

ok so i just picked 5 more out of my tank. Is there any other way of killing these other than picking them out 1 by one.
  12. freddyinca

id please

actually it's number 5, the nudi branch, but thanks for pointing it out. Now I know what I need to kill in order to save my zoos.
  13. freddyinca

id please

I have these litlle bugs in my tank and I anot sure what they are. They look like sand colored slugs with yellow and green things coming off them. They are maybe 1/4 to half inch long. I have seen them manily on the glass. I have only seen 3 of them so far. My zoos have started dying while all...
  14. freddyinca

ID Please

Yah I googled flat worms and that's them.
  15. freddyinca

ID Please

do flat worms move? because these don't seem too. they just slowly grow in size where they are at and some how multiply and spread.