Recent content by GeorgeandWheezy

1. G

Filthy algae is taking over my life.

Would it harm the rock if I put it in a bucket and give it a good scrubbing? As well as change the substrate back to live sand? Is macro algae in the live sand? The fish are thriving, so a change to frozen won't bother them I assume. Thank you for all your help!
  2. G

That's good to know, the sand was actually easier to clean, I would just scoop up the gunk in a net and it was back the next day. The coral requires the gravel siphoning and the water turns murky with 'flaky algae' lingering around the tank until it settles back down. I feed them 1/4 of a square...
  3. G

I've had the same filter since I began..a aqueon quietflow 30 filter for a 30 gallon tank and I have a coralife 65 protein skimmer that looks like it's doing its job according to the collection cup and filter cartridges
  4. G

I began my tank with a 29 gallon salt water. Before I invested too much time and money, I wanted to see if I could manage salt water aquarium so I started out small. I have maintained perfect water perimeters, religiously change 15%-20% water changes every Tuesday with RO Primo water from...