Recent content by gmann1139

1. gmann1139

Cardinal with serious battle damage

The fish seems normal when it is not trying to compensate for this bubble. Appetite is still vigorous. I was at the LFS yesterday for an unrelated reason, and mentioned this situation to an employee. He mentioned that it could be popeye, as it can present outside the eye. Have you ever heard...
  2. gmann1139

Quote: Originally Posted by Beth I agree that is very strange. Was there a wound in that area before the bubble occurred? Yes, the area has alternated between a knot/bump on the surface and full-blown bubble four times now. I think this may not be all battle damage. I just took a close look...
  3. gmann1139

Ended up having to buy the M+ (limited options in NJ yesterday). Gave the first dose last night. The fish's gills, which were inflamed earlier in the week look much better, as do its fins. My main concern now is the 'balloon' has blown up again. I have attached a blown up pic. This is from...
  4. gmann1139

No, unfortunately the only M2 the LFS had was the FW variety. The fish was looking a lot better on Wednesday, which was the fifth last day I dosed M2. I had planned on doing a WC on Thursday, but a sick wife prevented that. Instead, the 'knot' blew back up on Thursday, but deflated again on...
  5. gmann1139

Today is Day 5 of Maracyn Two treatment. Fish is 'acting' better (swimming more normally), but the 'knot' remains on its head and its gills still look inflamed. I need to perform a WC tomorrow in order to reduce waste food (QT was cycled, but I am not going to risk it). Should I perform the...
  6. gmann1139

Readings are all within normal range. There are hiding spots, but with the positive buoyancy the growth is causing, the Cardinal can't use them. Yeah, his fins are not in great shape. The Clown really did a number on him. Checking against the pictures, it looks like the growth is now ~1/3...
  7. gmann1139

For reference, the 'growth' is completely transparent. I can see right through it. Since my post this morning, I believe it is about the same size.
  8. gmann1139

New day, new symptom. The fish had a 'knot' above its eye when I rescued it from the DT. I assumed it was just battle damage, but as of this morning, it has grown to be a gas bubble the size of a pea, which is causing the poor, injured fish serious buoyancy issues and tiring it out. I dosed the...
  9. gmann1139

Thanks Beth. I have been away from SWF for a couple of years,and wondered if you still swam in this forum. In reading up on Maracyn Two, it seems that some say to double the dosage in SW. Is that recommended?
  10. gmann1139

After a year in the same tank, the Tomato Clown went after the Banggai Cardinal and caused serious damage. We have the traditional ripped fins, as well as some gill damage, and a giant knot growing above one eye. The gill area is looking a little pink, so I am concerned about a bacterial...
  11. gmann1139

Shipment stuck in Memphis

Well, the end result was that Fedex delivered the box (marked perishable) at 4:30 Monday afternoon. Water temp = 46 F. Needless to say, everything was dead, and started rotting. Fedex admitted on the phone that something went bad with this shipment, as it missed 2 scans in Memphis...
  12. gmann1139

Thanks Indy. Wish I'd seen that last night. Saturday morning and still in Memphis. On the other hand, as a Mets fan, I should expect that expensive, fragile things that come out of Port St. Lucie will break down soon after.
  13. gmann1139

Called Fedex after I got SWF's voicemail. Useless, as usual. They don't seem to know what is going on with the shipment either, so they couldn't tell me Saturday or Monday.
  14. gmann1139

Quote: Originally Posted by meowzer MAN that sux for this to happen on a Friday....I have had a few packages stranded in Memphis overnight, I have had somethings make it...and others not so lucky :( SWF stands behind their gaurantee though Yeah, I know they will, but I feel bad for SWF since...
  15. gmann1139

So, did anyone else order something from SWF that was supposed to arrive today and have Fedex decide to leave the package in Memphis, or am I only the lucky one? Luckily my order is all inverts, but I am not optimistic for their survival until Monday.