jay0705's latest activity

35% Off ! All WYSIWYG fish and corals
  • jay0705
    jay0705 replied to the thread Dog slobber.
    Gravity fed water may help. Honestly tho your probably doing it the best way lol. Dogs are messy, believe me i know i have 7
  • jay0705
    jay0705 replied to the thread Dwarf Seahorses.
    The plastic chain is common in fish stores. Its rounded so no issue. Macro alagae won't hurt them. Not all of it is eye appealing, but...
  • jay0705
    jay0705 replied to the thread Fake coral.
    Re cure. Add to saltwater, heater and powerhead. I would also rinse them the best you can. There will be a good amount of die off
  • jay0705
    jay0705 replied to the thread All inclusive Nano Reef Setup.
    The red sea inclusive tanks will do it. They are not cheap tho. Off hand i can't think of what there smallest size is.
  • jay0705
    jay0705 replied to the thread Mystical scooter blenny..
    The one plus to qt a mandy is its the only fish in there. Its has no competition for food. They will eat frozen in the bag. I do it...
  • jay0705
    Filling a tank to start with tap is fine. After that RO for the above reasons
  • jay0705
    jay0705 replied to the thread Mystical scooter blenny..
    In your tank you can probably do two males. I would bet if you just order a ruby red and not from DD you would get a female. Males are...
  • jay0705
    I broach this subject lightly. Draggonets in general are difficult fish to keep. The name is miss leading. Scooter "blenny" is...
  • jay0705
    jay0705 replied to the thread Dwarf Seahorses.
    Plastic chain lol horses love it. Some of the hard macro alagae aswell are good options
  • jay0705
    jay0705 replied to the thread Thoughts on Fish List.
    Only change i would do is nix chromis, get a pair of clowns
  • jay0705
    jay0705 replied to the thread Starting again.
    Ideally its 1-1.5lbs per gallon. That said i probably average about 3lbs per.
  • jay0705
    jay0705 replied to the thread Starting again.
    I agree. Some rock is needed, not only for filtration but to feed your fish. They eat more stuff off it then you would think
  • jay0705
    jay0705 replied to the thread How am I doing?.
    Your doing good. The cycle has started. Your salinity is at the high end tho. If your doing a reef tank 1.024-1.026. Fish only 1.020-1.023
  • jay0705
    jay0705 liked Jclaeys's post in the thread Lion fish.
    Ok thanks for all the help I really appreciate it
  • jay0705
    jay0705 replied to the thread lighting.
    Its a low tank. But also a small tank for sw. Especially with fish in it. Frequent water changes and atleast something along the lines...