Recent content by jay0705

1. jay0705

Moray eel help

What size tank and how old is the tank? Water prams?
  2. jay0705

I just got a 2-in lionfish

What type of lion?
  3. jay0705

Few questions

Brine shrimp honestly is horrible nutrition. I feed spriruliana brine only because of the algae in it. Mysis is a far better choice. Also a good pellet food. Such as new life spectrum. Variety is key when feeding sw fish. I feed 5 different types of frozen food. I would also feed twice a day...
  4. jay0705

Converting 36gal from fresh to salt

If you want an nem, you will need good strong lighting. They require good water quality and strong lighting. High end leds or stronger lights. Corals will do well with those aswell. Fish for 36 reef. Look into fairy wrasse, fire fish, dotty backs
  5. jay0705

Goby

Due to tank size i wouldn't try a mandarin. Fire fish are good, they do jump tho. Clown gobys, diamond goby, are a few other options
  6. jay0705

Goby

What size tank do you have?
  7. jay0705

Porcupine pufferfish

Agreed. I love sw
  8. jay0705

Porcupine pufferfish

No different then any other fish. 1.020-1.026 sg. No ammonia or nitrite. Very low nitrate
  9. jay0705

75 gallon Stock list

Aslong as you go rt from one to another your fine and should have minimal die off. I like the shapes avb with the carib sea life rock, but its not a true live rock. Its not as porous. You can definitely use it tho. I would add some lime stone base rock aswell. I have both in my tank. I started...
  10. jay0705

75 gallon Stock list

Most reef safe wrasse are not aggressive at all. I have a 4" melnurus wrasse with a 1.5" mcCoskers wrasse and no issues
  11. jay0705

75 gallon Stock list

Butterflies are best in bigger tanks. 125 and up. Especially the 2 you mentioned. The gramma is good, also the 1 spot fox. The cardinals are not a fav of mine. I've never had luck. Neither have a few friends of mine. As far as an angel. The cb will be easier and generally nicer. However few...
  12. jay0705

Spawning Pair of Clown Fish

Agree w above. Definitely need more info on your tank. Especially with clownfish. Most now are captive bred and very hardy. You shouldn't have any issues if the water prams are good
  13. jay0705

Beginner

Try a local fb sw group
  14. jay0705

where to buy cheap copepods

Yes its safe to buy online.
  15. jay0705

Protein Skimmer or not?

A skimmer is definitely very helpful. Especially with wanting corals. For a reef tank is probably 2nd only to lighting. Fowlr tanks a skimmer is not needed.