Recent content by johnnyd

1. johnnyd

Grade A Picasso :)

post a pic when the fish comes in
  2. johnnyd

I'm getting a 750 gal...need ideas!

bioneck, just wondering what made you choose the Melichthys species of triggers? why not a picasso or niger, or bluethroat etc.. how is the aggression on the black triggers, cause im looking into getting one. could you post a pic of each of the black triggs (Melichthys indicus, Melichthys...
  3. johnnyd

possible stocking of a 180...

the niger and humu humu will be fine for life in a 180g. the blavk trigger with get up to 20 inches or so, the niger wil prb stay around 12-13 fully grown. humu's max out around 10". get a blue throat or red tail trigger they also max at around 10 inches
  4. johnnyd

Green Spotted Puffer

Originally Posted by ca161406 when i converted mine i did about .002 every 3 days. it took a while but theyre healthy as can be. and have grown a ton sense full SW. i converted them when they were about 1.5inches ok perfect i will do that
  5. johnnyd

Green Spotted Puffer

ok i have 2 GSP's and they are in fresh water and i want to put them into my saltwater tank because the have to be in full salt when they get older anyways. so when can i start to introduce salt and how much should i increase the SG amounts and for how long. thanks
  6. johnnyd

Rdsb/fowlr

heres where i got the info, not a competing site just a forum from nebraska. http://www.linomareefs.com/topics/vi...=1&per_page=10
  7. johnnyd

Rdsb/fowlr

Originally Posted by AquaKnight Hopefully it works out. Curious to hear how it does. How much of the 5gal is filled (depth wise), and any idea about what the flow rate through the bucket is? about 10 inches of sand and about 2 inches of water flowing over the sand. the flow rate is a maxijet...
  8. johnnyd

Rdsb/fowlr

i just added my remote deep sand bed to my fowler tank tonight. i have 3 nems in it for the clowns i so want to drop nitrates, and reduce algea growth from the high nitrates. i used a 5g bucket with pvc and maxijet 1200. i post some pics tonight. going to see how much it reduces my nitrates. i...
  9. johnnyd

Niger Trigger

my fuzzy dwarf
  10. johnnyd

Niger Trigger

11. johnnyd

Niger Trigger

12. johnnyd

Pics of 150 w/ 8" Volitan

do you mean nitrates? nitrites off the charts and your fsh would be dead thats for sure.
  13. johnnyd

Niger Trigger

Originally Posted by OceanLover AND PICTURES, remember to post pictures! ya i def. will post some pics tommorow today thr trig was normal chased at mny dwarf angel few times cause the angel is always swimming all over the place and swims where the trig sleeps. so far things are going good.
  14. johnnyd

Niger Trigger

its in a 75g it fine for the size of the niger and i know when its full grown it will need abigger tank. today it has been fine and hasnt bothered any fish. my marron acutally took some food from it and it did nothing. so im just keepping and eye out, i know there are alot of people that have...
  15. johnnyd

Niger Trigger

picked up a 3 inch niger and hopefully it can stay in my tank. it was aggressive at the pet store they said. it has bit my dwarf angel (more of a peck) and my marron clown (peck also) when they go by his cave. i think its just showing the fish whos boss and that the fish doesnt want them going...