Recent content by krazzydart

1. krazzydart

Managing Water Evaporation

just be sure it is about the same temp.... and pour it in slow..... that is what i do .....
  2. krazzydart

The Old Carbon Question

I use the Carbon in MINE!!! it has not hurt them in any way at all..... it removes the smell.... + other bad stuff....
  3. krazzydart

Live sand vs. Crushed Coral

I use them both!!!!!! I have CC on one side and the Sand on the other!!!! the critters love it !!!!!!! this way you get the sand stirrers in there and the other coepods in crawling throughout the CC like an ANT farm!
  4. krazzydart

29 Gal needs stocking suggestions

By "run of the mill crab" ????? what kind is it?????He may Eat everyone in the tank!!! your PLAIN SMALL, SMALL, Hermits grow very fast and will need new "homes" very soon.... and get VERY ,VERY, BIGGGGG....{also aggressive} ok for a bigger fish only tank.....NOT a REEF!!!!!sooooo get a series of...
  5. krazzydart

Real and Fake Perc differences.

JW has it prett much rightwith the fin thing, one has 10 spines and the true has 11 I do belive..... as for size and stuff..... they are pretty much the same..... and the colors can be duller as well as bright, depending on the breeder and the care givin to them!!!!!
  6. krazzydart

Yellow Tang PLEASE HELP!

First of all..... If you indeed said a 12 gallon tank it is to damn small for pretty much everything you have!!!! unless you were going with a minnie reef!!!! but anywhaaaayyyy?????? If you have the $$$$ get a bigger system.... and you should also know that a tang should be the last fish put...
  7. krazzydart

Changing cc to l/s in 125 g

Originally posted by flamehawk: <STRONG>Well I'm going to take the dive in the next 2-3 months. I'm changing my c/c to l/s. I'm planning on using southland and seeding it with some L/S. Deciding between a plenum or DSB. While your insights on which one w/b better and how to do it w/b welcomed...
  8. krazzydart

Is Flouride bad for a reef tank??

Originally posted by BurnNSpy: <STRONG>Yes. BurnNSpy</STRONG> do you care to explane your point MR SHARK!!!!!!!!!!!(BurnNSpy)....... :p if yes ,,,, why??? is it because the fish do not go to the dentist :D (lol) Most water has a bit of floride in it my fish seem not to mind..... i guess a...
  9. krazzydart

more hair alage since using rodi unit

I have used a soft bristle brush a few times to clean off my rock a few times..... It did not hurt anything,,,, just get a good clean up crew and let it go natural!!!
  10. krazzydart

CRAZY HERMIT!!

just a common hermit..... good for a fish only tank!!!! NOT A REEF!!!!
  11. krazzydart

food of blue leg hermit crabs?

as allways.... BE SURE TO GET MORE SHELLS for them to move into!!!! I allways have an abundance of shells in the tank for them... many differant sizes and types!!! that way they don't kill any snails!!!!
  12. krazzydart

Can i mix my perculas with fire clowns?

I would only stick with the percs unless you added them at the same time as juviniles,,, and they might get along in a bigger tank.
  13. krazzydart

what do you need to call a tank a reef.

Live Rock!!! Live ROCK!!!! Corals,plants,ect... yes you need the lights to let the stuff survive!!!!
  14. krazzydart

which inverts

Well for starters,,,, how long has the tank been set-up??? is this a new setup or existing one???? what else is in the tank now??? do you have a skimmer??? is this a Reef only with fish???? But anyway,,,, Mexican Turbo's, sally lightfoot (crab),emerald crab, blue and red legged hermits...
  15. krazzydart

is this normal?

Have you ever used any Metals in the tank???? What do you feed it????How often??? do you add calcium,iodine,ect...??? what kind of lighting do you have and how long do you leave them on???? Halide or High out-put, ect... for 7-10 hrs a day... also water current through out the tank????