Recent content by kylev

1. kylev

16 gallon cuc

I am getting back into the hobby and am starting a 20g nano. I personally am staying away from any crab this go around so I don't have to worry about them being aggressive. I will probably start with only adding 3 nassarius snails to help keep the sand bed clean and agitated. Other than that I...
  2. kylev

20g Redsea Max Nano

3. kylev

20g Redsea Max Nano

Trying to get photos up but no matter how small I make them the files are too large to upload!
  4. kylev

20g Redsea Max Nano

Thanks! It feels nice to be back in the game! Do you toss your sponge every few days then and go with a new one or rotate them as you clean them? I'd much prefer to rotate them around vs going with rock back there just due to being able to access everything easily. I think on my water change...
  5. kylev

20g Redsea Max Nano

Hi everyone! Getting back into the hobby. Used to have several tanks in the past. Currently cycling a 20g redsea nano. Everything is going well so far. Just cant decide if I want to keep the black filters in the back or not. It has one in the back left corner and one above the return pump on...
  6. kylev

Help! My new anemone looks like this

Most likely because the tank is new and anemones shouldn't be added unless you have a mature system that is fully cycled and balanced.
  7. kylev

Japapnese Dragon Eel Advice

Can't really give you any advice but I am very curious to see how this works out for you. I have always wanted a japanese dragon moray but have been to nervous to ever put one in a tank with other fish. Pictures are always appreciated if you can get one!
  8. kylev

Filter Socks?

I can't really answer your question, but at one point I was doing very similar to the same filter sock procedure and gave up on it due to the amount of work it was and am yet to see a negative consequence from it. I also have fought cyano bacteria to a pretty big extreme at points but can't...
  9. kylev

Anemone - Puking, Pooing or dying?

Buying an anemone in person is always a good decision IMO. I monitored the ones I bought at my LFS for a week or so before I purchased to be safe.
  10. kylev

when to do a water change

I do a water change every saturday of about 10-15%. I don't mind spending the time doing it and buy my salt in bulk so it isn't to costly. I like to play safe and keep a nice consistent routine. I also do this cause I tend to be a little lazy on testing and hate doing it so I'd rather stay on...
  11. kylev

Anemone - Puking, Pooing or dying?

I have not been active in the forums for awhile so not sure if this info is else where but how old is your tank? My current tank is the only one I ever was able to get anemones to strive in and I believe its simply because I waited well over a year to add any.
  12. kylev

END of 225g..Beginning of 180G

Looking very good Meowzer!! The background makes a huge difference. Your hippo makes me really miss mine I lost him about 7 months ago he was over 7-8" and was my favorite fish.
  13. kylev

My 280g L Tank Reef

Thanks Meowzer! It started as one anemone and now when the lights are off and they tuck away for the night I have counted upwards of 7. They are reproducing like rabbits and here shortly I am going to have to test my luck and remove some before they start branching out too much!
  14. kylev

My 280g L Tank Reef

Hello everyone! It's been a long time since I have posted so I thought I owe those of you who gave me a lot of help along the way some recent photos. Tank went through a rough patch but is now doing great! I am by no means a photographer and used my iPhone so don't hate on my picture quality...
  15. kylev

Hippo tang help